Best Pictures from The Prequels

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 05, 2015, 01:47:35 PM

Author
Best Pictures from The Prequels (Read 124,466 times)

Stolen

Stolen

The wait for Prometheus was something. Definitely the most anticipated film of the year (2012).
Already 8-9 years old, it's incredible, I'm going to be nostalgic...

Do you remember that teaser from the trailer?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYQoKXDrSlM

It was so epic, so glorious...
I think Prometheus still remains the most ambitious, bold and beautiful blockbuster of recent years.
Definitely not perfect, but whatever, what era.

Necronomicon II

Das it

Immortan Jonesy

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: Stolen on Dec 24, 2020, 12:56:31 PM
The wait for Prometheus was something. Definitely the most anticipated film of the year (2012).
Already 8-9 years old, it's incredible, I'm going to be nostalgic...

Do you remember that teaser from the trailer?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYQoKXDrSlM

It was so epic, so glorious...
I think Prometheus still remains the most ambitious, bold and beautiful blockbuster of recent years.
Definitely not perfect, but whatever, what era.

I definitely agree. The lead up to Prometheus was a once-in-a-lifetime thing, and I don't think I'm capable of being that excited for a movie again. It was crazy because after it came out we were all talking about theories and such for months, and then the anticipation for the Fire and Stone comics started up. It was basically three years of excitement.

BlueMarsalis79

And then Fire and Stone came out.

Kradan

Kradan

And ?

BlueMarsalis79

And it sucked like the vaccum of space and tore LV-223's EU potential into the void like Ripley did when the Alien got blasted out the goddamn airlock.

Kradan

Kradan

Can you explain why ? I'm genuinely curious, because I've enjoyed F&S for the most part

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kradan on Dec 28, 2020, 07:11:27 AM
Can you explain why ? I'm genuinely curious, because I've enjoyed F&S for the most part

Mate, it gets ridiculous. It has a few very cool aspects but it royally shits the bed, several times.

Kradan

Kradan

Eh, I liked it

[cancerblack]

Even when the Deacon turns into a big hill?

Kradan

Kradan

Well, that part was "eh, really ?" for sure (though from what I've heard they had to abandon their initial plans for Deacon because of Prometheus 2 being in development), but it didn't spoil my overall enjoyment

In comparission, I found Life&Death to be much more bland and generic. And artwork was certainly lacking

Immortan Jonesy

You still don't understand what you're dealing with, do you?

Nightmare Asylum

I never did bother with F&S or L&D. I was initially pretty excited for prequel concepts to seep into the comics, but when it happened in a big crossover event I ended up passing 'cause that just isn't really my speed with this stuff.

I get that DH had to play all of that stuff close to their chest, because they never knew where Ridley was going to go with his Prometheus sequel(s) and what he would upend, which makes it all the more shocking to me that the only two times they actually dove into some of those concepts were in books featuring Predators as well.

Corporal Hicks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed