Fred Dekker Says Predator 4 Script Complete

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 30, 2015, 09:43:54 AM

Author
Fred Dekker Says Predator 4 Script Complete (Read 46,579 times)

Master

I think AvP should show us future of Predator while main instalments should be more or less grounded in our present times.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I guess Predator 4 will be out by 2018 at this rate. I would like to see it out by 2017, but Fox has Prometheus 2 out by October 2017. Summer is pretty pack right now unless they want to have it out by late summer. Late August is pretty dead since the major summer movies come out by the end of the July or early August.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 03, 2015, 08:26:13 AM
If AvP gets a reboot/rejig/re-whatever I'll be happy. As soon as it actually turns out good, mind you.

You and I have a different definition of what a reboot is. I'm still trying to figure out what you mean by your posts in the AVP reboot thread.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 03, 2015, 08:26:13 AM
I think it'd be really nice for Predator 4 to change timeframe. I really want to see them play about it with more whether it's the future or the past.

I have a feeling that it's going to be set in the future. But at the same time... I kind of want it to be it's own future, not so much the same future which Alien is set in. I mean given Ridley Scott and Neill Blomkamp's statements on the whole shared universe thing... Probably might be best to give the Predator series it's own future setting.

LordCassusSnow

You know what would be awesome? A game like Evolve but instead of human hunters its predators!

Anonymous

Anonymous

This is so awesome!!!!! I wish they would get back Dutch, Lt Mike Harrigan, and Mercanary Royce all 3 badasses! captured and put on the Predator home world to survive! Without a doubt 3 of the most badass characters ever! I get the chills just thinking about these 3 in one Predator film together!!!!!!!!!

Liberator

I hope Dutch makes a triumphant return, and helps defeat the predators once and for all.

RakaiThwei

The Predator series doesn't need Dutch.

Master

Quote from: Liberator on Dec 04, 2015, 05:52:46 AM
I hope Dutch makes a triumphant return, and helps defeat the predators once and for all.

See, that's the approach that should be avoided in this franchise.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Dec 04, 2015, 12:40:54 AM
You and I have a different definition of what a reboot is. I'm still trying to figure out what you mean by your posts in the AVP reboot thread.

I just mean a film that is independent of the first 2 without necessarily doing damage to their continuity and is intended to bring back interest to the concept.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 04, 2015, 08:49:49 AM
Quote from: RakaiThwei on Dec 04, 2015, 12:40:54 AM

I just mean a film that is independent of the first 2 without necessarily doing damage to their continuity and is intended to bring back interest to the concept.

I agree with that and if there's a couple of tiny easter eggs for the first two then whatever. I always had an idea for a Predator film, that took place in a couple of different areas, like a Desert and then Japan

Predator_Spirit

The only important link  is the predator, as long as they involve another old fashionned predator hunter , no janitor, no newbie, let's get back to the real roots of what made this franchise so good, Predator and Predator 2.

Master

How about not going back to the roots? Baceuse you see there are many roots in the jungle and I just want to get out of the f**king jungle in next one.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Master on Dec 04, 2015, 07:10:58 PM
How about not going back to the roots? Baceuse you see there are many roots in the jungle and I just want to get out of the f**king jungle in next one.

At least the first AVP pretty much tried that.. You can't blame it for trying.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 04, 2015, 08:49:49 AM

Still trying to figure out what you mean by that. As in still set in that universe but with minimal references to the previous movie like Jurassic World or... what?

Master

Bovotoya is not my favorite place for Predator either but still better then another jungle.

Seriously Hollywood this days is either going back to the roots in established franchises or is reinventing them. Either clone of earlier movie or something so different that it bearly fits. No middle ground at all.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Master on Dec 04, 2015, 08:00:29 PM
Seriously Hollywood this days is either going back to the roots in established franchises or is reinventing them. Either clone of earlier movie or something so different that it bearly fits. No middle ground at all.

I'll admit to something very sad... I'm ready to give up on this franchise. I'm just not happy with it as I used to be years ago with the more recent releases and the newer ones coming out, excluding Shane's movie of course because we don't know anything about it. I just want something that I can be happy with that doesn't betray how I view the Predators, the things that as a fan I have been told about these creatures through the official media-- films, comics, novels, games.. the media as a whole.

I just want things that I feel fit the Predator character, things that I feel add to it without feeling like.. it's there for the rule of cool, and respects what came before it. And I felt that PREDATORS really didn't do that, with the whole Preserve Planet cheapening the concept of the Hunt, the Super Predators obviously being created and added because someone thought that the original iconic creature was obsolete and played out, etc, etc..

As a fan.. I just want to be happy, and have more years enjoying this franchise instead of feeling like I have to jump ship.

I really hope Shane can deliver that for me as a fan.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed