Fred Dekker Says Predator 4 Script Complete

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 30, 2015, 09:43:54 AM

Author
Fred Dekker Says Predator 4 Script Complete (Read 46,026 times)

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Dec 02, 2015, 06:48:16 PM
I hope this really is a fresh take on predator and I don't mean a simple change in scenery like predator 2 did. We don't need another movie with a bunch of clueless humans running around going "What the hell was that thing?" "How do we kill it?" We need characters that actually know what they're getting themselves into for once. Which is why I'm disappointed that we aren't getting a sequel to Predators because I would have loved to have seen Royce and Isebelle take the fight to the predators.

I think you will love Predator: Incursion as it's set in a far future where Predators are public knowledge and are occasionally fought by Colonial Marines.

I'd love to see a Predator film set in the future.

Predator_Spirit

Future? Maybe that's what Shane has in mind...

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Dec 02, 2015, 07:43:31 PM
Future? Maybe that's what Shane has in mind...

I'm strongly getting that vibe especially when it is said that they will "reinvent" this franchise.

RakaiThwei

Hopefully it won't reference Weyland Corp or any Prometheus/Alien things.

And you know what? Already people are speculating we're getting an AVP reboot... Namely MoviePilot has speculated that recently. If they only knew that Ridley Scott might prevent that.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Dec 02, 2015, 08:47:47 PM
Hopefully it won't reference Weyland Corp or any Prometheus/Alien things.

And you know what? Already people are speculating we're getting an AVP reboot... Namely MoviePilot has speculated that recently. If they only knew that Ridley Scott might prevent that.

I'm all for an AVP reboot if Predator 1 meets AlienS without eurotrash or pizzaboy cast...But Fox screwed everything since at least a decade.They can't do worse tho.
If Shane sets the story in the future i'm okay with that.

Master

Not only Ps had reused dialogue but also many scenes like waterfall jump, Hanzo last stand,  booby trap activation and Royce covered in mud (especially the last one didn't make sanse given the context ). Predators is not bad film but it's medicore as hell and could have been so much more, by being its own movie insted Predator 2.0

My ideal continuation of franchise would aknowledge earlier films while taking it to completely different area (setting, characters and twist wise).

HEZ

It's just great news that the script is finished BEFORE filming begins, the Hollywood process baffles me sometimes.
Other than that I'm just hoping for some original twist on the concept, don't want to see a Pred hunting some soldiers or mercs in a jungle!

Predator_Spirit

Well i don't want to see a couple of lesbian predators either.

We need a good old hunter who actually hunts.

Jigsaw85

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Dec 02, 2015, 10:56:55 PM
Well i don't want to see a couple of lesbian predators either.

We need a good old hunter who actually hunts.

Good point. No young bloods, no elites, no elders, none of this "you can tell how awesome I am by the amount of symbols etched into my mask." Bullshit. Predators are hunters not warriors, how did the image of the predator get so distorted? :-\

Corporal Hicks

If AvP gets a reboot/rejig/re-whatever I'll be happy. As soon as it actually turns out good, mind you.

I think it'd be really nice for Predator 4 to change timeframe. I really want to see them play about it with more whether it's the future or the past.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 03, 2015, 08:26:13 AMI think it'd be really nice for Predator 4 to change timeframe.

This is probably the biggest untapped resource as far as the Predator film series goes. We know they've been coming here to hunt for centuries, and likely will for centuries more, so why not show us that? It would be a very simple way to show us something different.

Johnny Handsome

I think it is safe to say that it's not going to be set in the past, they said it's an "inventive sequel" to the original, sequel means continuation. I would love a Predator movie set in the past, but i don't think it's is happening with this one.

If i had a choice, a Predator movie set during WW1 would be on top of my list, lots of interesing possibilities.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Dec 03, 2015, 11:43:13 AM
I think it is safe to say that it's not going to be set in the past, they said it's an "inventive sequel" to the original, sequel means continuation. I would love a Predator movie set in the past, but i don't think it's is happening with this one.

If i had a choice, a Predator movie set during WW1 would be on top of my list, lots of interesing possibilities.

Agreed on both points. If they do mess with the timeline, it'll probably in the future, unless they use flashbacks to play in the past. I'm not sure either is likely though. But they really should try playing around with the time settings.

I'm desperate to see a film with the Predator in World War 1 or 2.

Corporal Hicks

THE CITY HUNTER

Future sounds great also make it into a different environment not jungle(And how did Ps get a higher rating then P2)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed