CA's Alien Design: Yay or Nay?

Started by gabgrave, Jan 27, 2014, 03:42:47 PM

How do you feel about the Alien design in Isolation?

I like it
69 (63.3%)
I don't like it
14 (12.8%)
If looks like an Alien, walks like an Alien, its an Alien
26 (23.9%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Author
CA's Alien Design: Yay or Nay? (Read 8,188 times)

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

I would vote 'I like it', but not 'til we get an official answer as to why the legs were changed.

The closest we've got so far is "it was clear that the man-in-a-suit look wasn't going to work for us". Well, that doesn't work for me - this isn't a film where everything's begin done in-camera, it's a computer game where there are any number of animation tricks they could utilize to make the Alien look less man-in-a-suit.

I don't hate the new design - it's still far and away the best-looking Alien I've seen in a game. But until we get a specific, official answer regarding the changes, I can't make myself take a side.

newbeing

newbeing

If they can get the original legs to look and animate well great. If not it's not that big of deal to me, though it would be nice if they could get more humanoid looking feet on the try-jointed legs.

I'm actually slightly more annoyed by some other features being off such as the dorsal tubes being too far apart on the back (the top ones are at the right height), the tongue being much too small, and there being no closed lips. There are some smaller issues, such as the weird tube that connects the sternum and the neck with seem kind of needless changes to me, but none of these issues are going to be too off-putting.

Local Trouble

They should hire locusta as some kind of consultant.  Apparently, he designed an accurate 3D model of Giger's alien once.

MrSpaceJockey

Hey, I'm legitimately impressed.

gabgrave

gabgrave

I like the looks of that model... except that I don't really feel much fear towards it? Kinda reminds me of Species as well, with those delicious hips and slim calves... Would tap that ass-

...Did I suddenly feel horny from an Alien design? Time for a SAN check...

LastSurvivor92

Perfectorganism, I think that design is perfect! Its beautiful yet terrifying. I love it.

Darth Rinzler

NAY NAY NAY!!!!!!

They claim they are making the alien more dangerous in this game than in ACM.   UTTER BS!!!

I would like to see them explain how ONE ALIEN WILL FAIL TO KILL ONE NEARLLY UNARMED HUMAN FOR 8-12 HOURS!!!!

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Wow that's narrow minded.

Le Celticant

Quote from: Darth Rinzler on Mar 03, 2014, 07:02:42 PM
I would like to see them explain how ONE ALIEN WILL FAIL TO KILL ONE NEARLLY UNARMED HUMAN FOR 8-12 HOURS!!!!

That's basically the story of every alien movie...

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Yup, exactly why you're supposed to fear them.

SM

SM

NAY NAY NAY!!!!!!

They claim they are making the alien more dangerous in this game than in ACM.   UTTER BS!!!

What about a completely unarmed little girl surviving for several weeks?

Jango1201

Jango1201

SM saves the day again.  ;D

Darth Rinzler

Quote from: Le Celticant on Mar 03, 2014, 08:29:57 PM

Except the alien is constantly killing other characters.  In the case of this game from the sceneros shown its just you.  And you easily hid from it behind a table or locker.  The aliens have senory organs that would have detected her except Kanes son apparently.  Lets be real the alien is probably Kanes Son...

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: SM on Mar 03, 2014, 10:32:54 PM
NAY NAY NAY!!!!!!

What about a completely unarmed little girl surviving for several weeks?

If they did some sort of DLC with Newt on LV-426...TAKE MY MONEY!!!

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: Darth Rinzler on Mar 04, 2014, 05:24:13 PM
Quote from: Le Celticant on Mar 03, 2014, 08:29:57 PM

Except the alien is constantly killing other characters.  In the case of this game from the sceneros shown its just you.  And you easily hid from it behind a table or locker.  The aliens have senory organs that would have detected her except Kanes son apparently.  Lets be real the alien is probably Kanes Son...

Ummmm.. no that's really stupid & the Space station is full of people as well as you having brought your own crew.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed