Are you going to wait for reviews before buying?

Started by demonbane, Jan 19, 2014, 01:12:05 AM

Are you going to wait for reviews before buying?

Yes
39 (69.6%)
No
17 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author
Are you going to wait for reviews before buying? (Read 7,464 times)

Vertigo

I'll wait for reviews and player feedback, for several reasons.

-Gameplay isn't a genre I'm familiar with. No way of knowing if the fundamental dynamic will be compulsive entertainment for me, which with an FPS, RPG or strategy title is generally not an issue.

-Not coming from a tried-and-tested developer. I've massively enjoyed some of Creative Assembly's older strategy titles, and have been disappointed by some of their more recent ones, but these are moot points as the vast majority of the team are new to the company (and it's an entirely different genre).

-Multiplatform release, which has come to be synomymous with "compromises for PC users". Don't particularly fancy playing an unstable build with negligible post-release support, slow and clunky controls/camera/interface, poor mouse+keyboard functionality, threadbare customisation and inconsistent graphics. Lack of modding capability has become the norm, sadly, so won't affect my decision.

-Burnt by a number of disappointing pre-releases and Alien franchise games in the last few years. Part of it, admittedly, is that I'm not finding many games today that really cater to what I enjoy.

Xenoscream

There will be reviews before it is released. Not like with CM where they knew it was a crock of shit.

Look how open CA have been already, it they have a kick ass game they will do what they have just done a month before release to hype it up.

It may well be my first day one purchase for years.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Xenoscream on Jan 21, 2014, 08:41:31 PMThere will be reviews before it is released.
Oh I'm sure there will be, but I think I'll still wait to see what the community thinks.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 21, 2014, 08:54:32 PM
Quote from: Xenoscream on Jan 21, 2014, 08:41:31 PMThere will be reviews before it is released.
Oh I'm sure there will be, but I think I'll still wait to see what the community thinks.
For those not getting it before reviews, yeah def wait for actual players reviews. IGN and the like write too many high scoring game reviews in this man's opinion. Just to get you to buy it lol

Vepariga

wait for reviews? NO. I want to go in fresh with my own veiw.

pre-order? nope. never pre-ordered anything,but i still get pre-order bonuses sometimes becuase im a nice person.

swarm87

hopefully there is a PC collector's edition this time with a decent statue

Cal427eb

f**k reviews. I'll try the game out for myself before I buy it.

Crazy Rich

No, I'm diving right into this, this is the plan as of this day. If something significantly negative occurred later I might change my mind.

Local Trouble

Gamefly on day one.  Assuming I have a system it'll run on.

Cal427eb

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 23, 2014, 04:12:05 AM
Gamefly on day one.  Assuming I have a system it'll run on.
lol renting games

Local Trouble

LOL @ paying full price for any video game ever.

Cal427eb

lol steam sales

Layorz

lolnotdownloadingillegallytoavoideverpayingforshitalsoitsnotstealingifiwasnevergonnabuyitinthefirstplace

get over it. People are gonna buy whatever they want, thats their business

Cal427eb

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 23, 2014, 05:06:34 AMLOL @ paying full price for any video game ever.
Absolutely. I practically never buy games on release any more, you can just wait a couple of months and get it for half the price. Not to mention the number of times I've been burned by games that claimed to be something they weren't before they came out.

These days I only get games day one if it's something I really want.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed