Things you have only just noticed/didn't notice the first time.

Started by The Cruentus, Aug 06, 2019, 03:43:04 PM

Author
Things you have only just noticed/didn't notice the first time. (Read 44,157 times)

Immortan Jonesy

All flutes are a reference to Zelda.

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 24, 2021, 04:22:58 AM

Pan the god says, "what?!"

kwisatz

I just realised I lied in the Dune thread: I actually also played Ocarina of Time. Best Game ever.

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: kwisatz on Jul 24, 2021, 10:38:39 PM

I just realised I lied in the Dune thread: I actually also played Ocarina of Time. Best Game ever.

That isn't a lie, a lapse, but not a lie. We all have them.

Elmazalman

Brightness boosted and zoomed in pic seems to reveal a plastic tube, fed from Yaphet Kotto's back, up through his ear to his forehead.

Similarly, Harry Dean Stanton had plastic tubes fed through his hair under the baseball cap for the deleted "head crush" scene.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

The creators of Alien obviously weren't anticipating pausable and screengrabable 4k home releases and photoshop.

Elmazalman

The screenshot is from the old 1999 DVD release.

I chose it because it has the brightest image, and without the crushed blacks, from later releases. I did boost the brightness to make it easier to see.

Kradan

So i've been watching Requiem

1. Aboard kernel Stevens' plane one can definetly  hear sounds of MU/TH/UR 6000

2. Is line "We aren't gonna make it, are we ? " reference to T2 ?

Immortan Jonesy

It might be obvious to many by now  :laugh: but I just noticed that the botom by which the Covenant's crew enters David's Juggernaut, which at the same time is the same place from where the bombardment is executed, could be the same place from storage (without the opening of the platform on the floor and all the magnetic mechanism) that we saw in PROMETHEUS through which David enters the Juggernaut of the last Engineer.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The sets aren't the same to my eyes, but I 100% expect it's supposed to be the same location/type of room.

The Necronoir

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Aug 16, 2021, 03:18:42 AM
It might be obvious to many by now  :laugh: but I just noticed that the botom by which the Covenant's crew enters David's Juggernaut, which at the same time is the same place from where the bombardment is executed, could be the same place from storage (without the opening of the platform on the floor and all the magnetic mechanism) that we saw in PROMETHEUS through which David enters the Juggernaut of the last Engineer.

https://i.ibb.co/qstvytS/Pics-Art-08-15-10-12-41.png

The juggernaut David and Shaw use isn't the same one that had the last engineer in it though (because it crashed). Still, that doesn't mean it isn't supposed to be the same kind of room, just in a different ship.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 16, 2021, 09:04:45 AM
The sets aren't the same to my eyes, but I 100% expect it's supposed to be the same location.

Yes, the set looks different. But it crossed my mind that in-universe speaking Prometheus place is not fully "functioning" so to speak.  :laugh:

Quote from: The Necronoir on Aug 16, 2021, 03:33:40 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Aug 16, 2021, 03:18:42 AM

https://i.ibb.co/qstvytS/Pics-Art-08-15-10-12-41.png

The juggernaut David and Shaw use isn't the same one that had the last engineer in it though (because it crashed). Still, that doesn't mean it isn't supposed to be the same kind of room, just in a different ship.

Oh I know, I mean maybe they are the same place in the two ships.  :laugh:

Darwinsgirl

In ALIENS when scanning the interior of "The Narcissus" before the salvage team picks it up. You can see the space suit Ripley wore off to the side in a pile.

1st time watching ALIENS with a 4K TV. :)

Local Trouble

Did you notice the light atop her helmet?

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 21, 2021, 12:05:12 AM
Did you notice the light atop her helmet?

I can't say I have? I will have to revisit ALIEN my most viewed film of the franchise.

Another thing I have seen Vasquez's tear tattoo in photo's in magazines, Starlog...etc. But last night was the first time I saw it during the movie. Also Ripley is holding something dark in her left hand during cryo sleep as the camera pans down to view Jonesy. I can't make it out? Maybe it's nothing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed