Bugs & Issues

Started by Mike’s Monsters, Oct 07, 2014, 07:58:15 AM

Author
Bugs & Issues (Read 75,720 times)

warneford87

warneford87

Got a weird one when playing it via remote play in my vita. Can't seem to find the crouch button. Anyone got any ideas?

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Had some sort of debris clipping through a room once. The other one that I've noticed is that sometimes there won't be any sound from the alien when it kills you.

RazorSlash

RazorSlash

Quote from: Uncanny Psycho on Oct 07, 2014, 08:40:09 PM
I'm on the ps4 and having some frame rate problems mainly with cut scenes :/ anyone else?
Yeah, I noticed that too. That's the only big issue I've had so far, though.

Ferazel

Ferazel

Does anyone NOT have a problem with the cutscenes stuttering on PS4? It's really distracting from the experience. I'm just wondering if we could compare settings to see if there is some setting that might resolve the problem.

RazorSlash

RazorSlash

Quote from: Ferazel on Oct 08, 2014, 12:17:58 AM
Does anyone NOT have a problem with the cutscenes stuttering on PS4? It's really distracting from the experience. I'm just wondering if we could compare settings to see if there is some setting that might resolve the problem.
It doesn't bother me too much, and I'm sure there will be a patch shortly to fix that.

Adam802

Adam802

Im on Xbox One and I haven't had any issues.  frame rate is fine during gameplay and cutscenes. 

Xhan

Xhan

PC cutscenes are framelocked to sync with audio, PS4 probably has the same issues.

PC: Items acquired during a reload will appear in space where you picked them up and rotate as if still attached to you, until you actually bring out the view model on screen, at which point it resets itself to your position.

Alien will still occasionally lose waypointing near vents, and be unable to move, until it teleports to the nearest pathing node.

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

Bugs I've found so far (about 3/4 the way through the game on PS4)

- Laggy cutscenes :-(
- I've been stuck on invisible objects once
- Human enemies in mid conversation once dropped dead on the spot, and then 15 seconds later strung back to life
- Once entered a room to find a pistol suspended in mid air - unable to pick up or interact with it
- Have hit invisible walls in doorways multiple times, I think this has something to do with loading an area, typically I could get though after a while
- Have used the flamethrower at the last second to stop an alien attack and it used 0 ammo, but still scared him off (bonus :-))

That's all I can think of for now. Out of all of them it's the laggy cutscenes which bother me the most, the others just need ironing out. Overall hasn't really impacted my experience too much.

reecebomb

reecebomb

copy paste from my post on the official alien isolation forum:

First congratulations to the developers for making a proper game that Alien franchise really deserves, but there are some bugs that need to be isolated and dealt with. Bought Alien Isolation with great excitement yesterday and played three hours straight on hard mode. Love the game, but there are numerous issues that have made the experience slightly frustrating. Was originally going to wait till i manage to buy a ps4, but i got it for ps3 instead, since i read reports that the ps3 version looks decent enough. Now i regret my desicion.Here are some of the bugs i have had the unfortunate pleasure to experience:

On mission two i got glued to the luggage carousel while crouching to get through. Nothing worked so i loaded the previous save game to get out of the sticky situation.

On mission two the game froze during load game and i had to restart the ps3. I have only experienced similar issue with one game (Aliens: Colonial Marines), that sad game managed to freeze during main menu.

On second mission i encountered the messiest bug i have ever seen on a console. For some reason the game failed to trigger a cutscene after disabling the security lockdown (that bit where the player hides below the table and sees the alien second time). So nothing happened and i went back to the spacious room where the four humans are looking for the player. The alien should now started a killing spree clearing the room, but instead triggered the cutscene animations that were supposed to happen before. The game goes all haywire and starts clipping through the environments, the four people shouting, shooting and screaming and the alien whips out it's tail while i am stuck in a wall. After the cutscene animations ended i was completely clipping out of the sevastopol in the middle of of the space unable to move and then the alien killed me. This anomaly happened on the fourth try i think. But every time the alien starts killing those people, the frame rate starts to hiccup badly!

Then there are minor things like main cutscenes stuttering heavily, sometimes the vents don't open and the occasional clipping and strange physics behaviour.

i had to write this post twice, because mozilla firefox crashed haha

Sagit

Sagit

Pc version: guy killed with the wrench in a doorway dissapeared after door was closed. Cannot pick up dead guys pistol.

And one major bug of this game: I'm afraid to play it :)

szkoki

szkoki

on PS3 i often saw guns in the air just floating, heavy frame rate drops though they are very rare. i dunno if its a bug but rather bad decision, there is a climbing "QTE" part where you can die easily if u dont pay attention YET there isnt any before and after. so what was the point?! and the textures dissapeared once in survivor mode for a few secs

robbritton

robbritton

I've had the floating gun and the briefing fail to begin at the start, otherwise - touch wood - everything seems ok.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

The floating guns are not a bug. This is supposed to occur after you switch off the Sevastopol's artificial gravity generators.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

I've redeemed a code for Last Survivor DLC on Xbox One yesterday, it showed me that I was successful in it, but I don't see the DLC within the game. On the other hand Crew Expendable works fine.

Nightlord

Nightlord

I had this happen unfortunately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWaYJjqHFPg#ws

Don't know if it was a bug or the devs just thinking the AI would never need to aim down.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed