Alien/Predator Fight Sequence

Started by Darkness, Aug 04, 2004, 11:21:09 PM

Author
Alien/Predator Fight Sequence (Read 31,063 times)

Nobjockey

Nobjockey

Alright alright, calm down. It's only a film you know. I still think it looks like a fight from a godzilla movie though.

Cetanu

Cetanu

Hey G-Dog, maybe we just haven't seen his Pred - like behavior yet. I mean, c'mon now, the scene starts with Celtic already running at the Alien, it didn't even show him deploy his wrist blades. I'll betcha he was crouched with his arms out and letting out a fearsome roar just like he did at the end of Predator before he charged. That's really Predator-like to me. Also, I'll admit he looks a bit dorky when he's swinging his wrist blades, but, remember he's not trying to hit the Alien, just its tail, and having to aim at something that small doesn't mean you should swing with everything you got. If you swing real hard it could throw him off balance allowing the Alien to easily counter, this could explain why he was taking small "sissy" swings at it. Also, I hope to the Almighty that they edit out the Predator and Alien sounds. They were terrible, maybe PA just threw some animal noises in there so at least they'd be making some kind of noise as they fought. I mean, it was a freaking lion fighting a pig, that's what I woulda thought if the clip was all audio and no visual. Also, when the Alien had its freaking tail sliced off, it didn't scream in pain and writhe around as much as I think it should have. Then again, its a rough cut, and for a rough cut it was still hands down a kickass, relentlessly paced, well orchestrated, minute-long monster mash! Hope there's even more where that came from. Paul Anderson better have those noises fixed!

Somebody

Somebody

Cookies , you have to understand that Paul Anderson had to work within a   70 million budget . Given this pretty small budget, Paul Anderson did a amazing job. The Pyramid, the Queen and this fight clip is awesome.  If Paul Anderson woul had  more money, it would be a different story. !!

[ One Bullet Left )

[ One Bullet Left )

Looks Like Shit !!!     >:D  

J

J

AM BACK PEEPS   ;D    Somebody, for the sequel the buget will be LARGER, I wonder who will do the sequel?  Any ideas?

G-Dog

G-Dog

Cetanu, you make sense, we'll have to see the film, only then will all our questions be answered. And bullet, WTF? obviusly a hater.

waz up J? so you seen the clip yet or what?  and about the next AVP movie..........I'm doing it damn it!

HellAlien

HellAlien

Guys for hell's sakes!!!!  stop ya bitchin already.  Get over the damn blade thing, this is not a comic based movie. So what the blades r not acid proof, but the comibistick is( just look at the pic of scar over the dead alien, you c that he used his stick and that its havent melted at all.) And the shurikens r maybe acid proof too. So quit it. Thats the way pa did it and we r gonna c why in tha movie for sure.  And to all of ya that said that this movie will be dumb, only cuz you saw 1 thing that you disliked, i say to ya F*ck you.   There is more props in that clip than cons. Just look at it, like some of ya have pointed, true we c some mistakes that r maybe prooving that this is a rough cut. So..., this is surely not the final result.   Anyway, we will soon no who was right here, the ones that said that the movie would be dumb and a bomb, or the ones that kept the confidence that it would be good even if it had some shitd in it. I mean just look at the queen, even if the movie us kinda dumb, just to c the queen bashing around around will be so great.  So get over some shits here, I c alot of shits being said here guys and all that for no or very few good reasons.

J

J

G, I wanna say yes so badly ...    Going through Gamespy to damn complicated , I just have to go down to a local inter-net cafe to watch it, I can wait Dogman, no biggie   ;D  

G-Dog

G-Dog

yeah, f-k all you haters who said this movie was going to suck and is a waste of time and all that shit, like those f-king assholes over at Aint It Cool News posting their bull--it about AVP.....idiots.     >:D  

J

J

Can someone ... ANYONE give me a full description of the fight, I want to picture this thing hard.   ;D      A-N-Y-O-N-E pretty please?   :-\     :-\  

J

J

Do both these creatures look even better of their old counterparts? ( All the Alien movies and both the predator movies)  Realistic enough?????

G-Dog

G-Dog

Well, I can tell you this my friend, the Predator looks bulky due to his armor. His movements aren't as I expected, or should I say, as I am used to the Predator move (pred 1 and 2). He seems stiff but like Cetanu explained to me why that is so, he makes sense.  The alien looks great in CGI. That is well done. I personally think that they should of used the alien model from Aliens, but hey, i'm not the filmaker and what they went with doesn't look bad at all except for the fact that the alien doesn't make that distinctive sound that we are all used to. It sounds more like a pig squeeling and the pred sounds like a lion or something. Anyway, this most likely is not the final cut, so I am not worried. The actual fight sequence though is bad ass. I loved it overall, and I am pretty sure that you will too. In short- The pred look is great, movement stiff, sound weird. Alien, looks great as well, CGI is awsome, design is like that of the alien in A4 with minor tweeks, sounds weird too, moves fast, is agile. Fight sequence overall, 10+ hope this helps J.

G-Dog

G-Dog

Realistic enough, yes to answer your question J, sorry about that.

Narmack

Narmack

from the pictures it looks like the pred broke the aliens neck, look like it to anyone else?

G-Dog

G-Dog

And personally, I think less armor, like that in Pred 2 would of been best, not that the pred doesn't look good in avp.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed