Alien/Predator Fight Sequence

Started by Darkness, Aug 04, 2004, 11:21:09 PM

Author
Alien/Predator Fight Sequence (Read 31,064 times)

Torch

Torch

That clip was awesome, but I must say that those last few seconds when the Pred was tossing the Alien around looked LAME!  This is AVP not the WWF for crying out loud.  Oh well, it's only a 61 second clip out of a 2-hour+ movie so I shouldn't be worried.  Can't wait to see what the other fights look like and I better damn well see some Alien/Predator bloodshed!!

izzet

izzet

That was amazing.

AdamJZ

AdamJZ

If you play AVP2, you know that the alien is carnivorious, it will eat preds, hunans, cats, etc.

Maurice "HopeOfTheFuture" Huijs

Maurice "HopeOfTheFuture" Huijs

Ok, like I already said, I think this clip is part of the AvP presskit and I think we can expect more vids in the near future... In most cases, presskits scenes are edited and some footage is cut out. I give my thoughts about this clip: 00:23, the camera zooms in on the Predator, and is immediately foolowed by the Alien's tail that hits the wall while the Predator dodges. I think that a cut is made on this position. 00:44, I suspect another cut here since the Alien is suddenly a few metres away from the Predator, while it was on top of it seconds before. 00:46, just a wild guess, since I doubt if a cut was made here just before the Predator dashes into the Alien.  by the way, on position 00:37 is an incredible cool shot of the Predator's wrist blades chaging their direction of the sharp sides.

Cookies

Cookies

personally alien mouth looks like a retarded puppet.  Those cg of alien jumping is really cool but looks way different from custome.  I mean it moves so fast then its a stupid slow creature afterwards.  Then when the pred melts his blade and looks at it, thats just a stupid shot to sure the viewers that the thing melted. This isnt a cartoon no need for cheesy camera work like that.

Hyp

Hyp

The acting looks a bit disapointing   ???  

Terhou

Terhou

My clip is still cooking...i come back once i have watched it.

Terhou

Terhou

Cool clip!Were those rotating Wristblades CG?Or were they real life creation of Woodruff and Gillis?

G-Dog

G-Dog

cookies, you've been trashing this movie ever since I read your very first post........you're entited to your opinions and all, but damn, you can get really freaking annoying with all your damn negative comments about this long-waited movie....and you obviously don't know shit about camera work, if you notice any other fight scenes in any other movie, you'd notice that the camera doesn't stay in one angle all the time.........god....

yes, the pred didn't really move like the pred we're used to, but still damn it, you'd got to admit that was unbelieveably kick ass!

Fellow alien and predator fans: Could some one tell me again what that book is called that is coming out showing the effects of AVP? It was something like The Creature Effects of ADI or some shit like that. appreciate the help fellas.....

Nobjockey

Nobjockey

Hmmm, it looked okay but it wasn't exactly scary was it? Also that bit where the Predator swings the alien about looks like something out of a Godzilla movie.   ???  

OberonQA

OberonQA

A pretty impressive clip.  I agree that it's probably from a presskit (not that this in any way, shape, or form detracts from the clip).  I like the camera work and I like the little touches (anyone notice the orange/red glow on the pred's eyes when the Alien is on top of him?)  If this is any indication of the rest of the movie, maybe the PG-13 rating isn't nearly as crippling as I thought it would be...

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

Even though there are some anoying little flaws in this it is still very cool to see a pred and an alien battling it out on screen.The best looking part i think is the begining when the alien divebombs the pred and they go smashing through the stone alter thing in the middle of the room, that was well done indeed.But then theres some goofy looking parts as well as brought up yesterday.All in all it was a cool little clip indeed but the only thing it could have done without is celtics girly swings at the alien with his wrist blades, man that was sad.That rotating wrist blades is a very cool introduction to the already stacked predator arsenal, i compliment anderson and co. for that little piece of genius.I just hope this is indeed a production shot and not taken out of the final cut of the film, cause if it is then expect all the preds to be this slow and bulky and have very little range of motion.They better fix the creatures sound effects to i hope, you can totaly make out that the aliens vocals are from a squeeling pig and thats not very intimidating to say the least.And G Dog i looked bake and Darkness dosnt have an actual name posted for that production book but im sure we'll hear more about it soon sonce this movie is out in 7 days yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

G-Dog

G-Dog

Thanks Bringer, always providing me with information, awesome man, but I can't wait that long!!!!! LOL! oh well......agreed on the little parts that look iffy, like when the pred jumps back on his feet, his motion, and vocals....yes, thats about it really. I don't think all the preds are like the celtic though. Celtic predator is huge, the biggest of them all actually, too bad he is not the main predator. (size i mean)  I can't wait to see how scar fights with the grid alien and the other battles to come.......I don't think all the preds will be that limited, the novelization did have this fight just as we saw it, if the movie matches the book in regards to fights, then we have some kick ass ones to look forward to and some mostlikely not mentioned in the book!!

Predomorph

Predomorph

Spoiler
why didn't the celtic pred have the alien exo skeleton wrist blades?  
[close]

Cookies

Cookies

Well kinda lame for the pred to stay there and look at his burnt blades from each side like a moron while a alien is waiting there for him.  OH I FORGOT this is pg13 and they have to show the kiddys that acid burns stuff and the pred is showing the kids what it can do.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed