Farzad Vrahramyan Shares New Alien 5 Concept Art!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 03, 2019, 11:29:38 AM

Author
Farzad Vrahramyan Shares New Alien 5 Concept Art! (Read 29,937 times)

Huggs

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 04, 2019, 01:53:28 PM

Don't have a high quality save but I was able to nab this from a preview to the link I sent via a message.

So basically he wanted to merge aliens 86 and resident evil?

Yeah, great.

No thank you Niel, the franchise has been butchered enough.

Cool sketches, fantastic work by the artists. Great stuff for a videogame, but no movie of this. This is straight up cheap b level stuff. Don't defile alien with this kind of thing.

Typical modern filmmaking. Bring back old and dead characters. Make the monster bigger, more arms, more legs, heads, etc.

Richman678

The artwork is nice.

However I hate the Idea! I didnt like what little they did in Alien Resurrection, and I dont like it this way too.

Look the original model works great! See Alien Isolation for Proof! Original Model, and it effectively works.

SiL

They were going to use the original design.

Samhain13

With four arms if I remember.

SiL

Which was probably also a mutant.

Oasis Nadrama

Frankly given the "quality" of the designs you're not missing much if you didn't/don't see them. I know this is just random trial and errors, very early stage of preproduction, but it looks like a kid's idea of "new Alien creatures". "Hey what if it had a snake body", "what if it had five heads"... Nothing new, nothing stimulating.

SiL

If you're stretching the boundaries, it's a good place to start. Go way out there, then dial it back.

Local Trouble

I have no problem with concept art stretching the boundaries.  That's what concept art is for.

Voodoo Magic

Consider all the concept art that is rejected in projects like these. Who knows what would have actually been realized.

Ash 937

After seeing the concept art here, I'm glad they made Alien: Covenant instead.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 05, 2019, 04:12:36 AM
I have no problem with concept art stretching the boundaries.  That's what concept art is for.

Exactly. That's exactly what the concepting stage is. I think people ought to be more mindful of that.They go wild and see what works and what doesn't. Concept art is going to go crazy.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 04, 2019, 08:27:43 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 04, 2019, 06:51:05 PM
Quote from: SiL on Mar 04, 2019, 12:58:57 AM
He's taken the art down.

Hopefully for legal reasons, not because people are unrelenting assholes over concept art.

Did someone rip the second piece from IG?

This image showing for you? If not I can try direct messaging it.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 04, 2019, 01:53:28 PM

Don't have a high quality save but I was able to nab this from a preview to the link I sent via a message.

Thanks for that NA. I was hoping someone had managed to snag a higher res save directly from the IG page as well.

Jones The Cat

This concept would work in an Alien comic book. But I don't know what to think of it in a live-action film. They should use it for a comic, but better not for a million dollar production. It might look too playful. The design of the Aliens in Prometheus and Alien Covenant weren't extraordinary, but they did look natural and primordial.

Xenomorphine

I'm not necessarily sure the centipede-like thing was an indicator of genetic mutations/splicing. It might have simply been an Alien which birthed from a non-human host. What's off-putting about it is the stylised nature of the art. If it was depicted in a less cartoonish fashion, I could see a design like that being rather nightmarish if on screen. I can't imagine it would have been authorised for just a cameo, mind you, considering how these things are usually budgeted.

The one with lots of heads might have arisen from mutation, but who knows?

I don't mind genetic splicing/mutation in a film the Aliens feature in. If any horror concept is suited for it, it's them and 'The Thing', after all. It just depends on how it's executed. The Ripley clones are actually fascinating to see when revealed and one of the more memorable scenes in that film with a fairly decent atmosphere. The one with the mouthful of sharp teeth and no eyes really intrigued me. Heck, AC's laboratory David 8's been busy in, seems like it's the highlight of the entire film for some people. I'm sure the recent 'David's Drawings' book was snapped up precisely because of that when it was published.

So, yeah, I don't have a problem with it as a basic concept. Depends how it's done. And if some of these are as a result of birthing from non-human ET wildlife hosts, I've actually wanted to see that done properly on film for a long time, so long as the designs look dangerous and believable.

The Old One

The Old One

David's Drawings is gorgeous and realistic.

The OP concept art is neither.

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 05, 2019, 04:41:15 PM
David's Drawings is gorgeous and realistic.

The OP concept art is neither.

One is finalized for production and distribution pieces of artwork.

The other is preproduction conceptual artwork.

Bit of a difference there. Not to mention the lack of context.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed