Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator?

Started by newbeing, Nov 06, 2017, 07:34:15 PM

Author
Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator? (Read 176,581 times)

Huggs

Quote from: The Kurgan on Feb 28, 2019, 07:36:57 PM
Very well possible.

I honestly can't imagine Terminator getting back on track, even with Cameron. Just a feeling, no particular reason behind it.

That glamour shot they released a few months ago was enough proof that the people making these movies still don't know what the heck they're doing. It will fail, just like the last three. They haven't learned anything. What it will do, is prove that Cameron's involvement does not make a difference anymore , and that Neil's Alien 5 needs to stay on the shelf where it belongs.

Nukiemorph

I'm seeing reports that the hiccup in South America is over and the merger is now expected to be completed this month.

Nukiemorph

SuperiorIronman

I'm curious about how they're going to go about using those properties. I don't doubt some form of cinematic feature will be made as while they both don't make as much as the MCU or Star Wars, both are indeed big names.

Well, by March 20th we might not be in good hands, but we'll be in pretty damn capable ones.

Samhain13

The Old One

The Old One

It begins.

Corporal Hicks

I hope we get a clear picture of what is going to happen with the properties.

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 13, 2019, 08:59:26 AM
I hope we get a clear picture of what is going to happen with the properties.

I don't think we will know for sure until after the streaming service goes up and from what I can tell, that's in September. Alien and Predator are likely to move over to Hulu by then if not before (if they aren't already present, I don't have Hulu so IDK). We do know however that Disney is not putting anything R-rated on their streaming service, and Anderson's AVP actually occupies the PG-13 slot like the Marvel films.

Now they might just move it over to Hulu just to keep things consistent seeing as it is the only one like this, but given that it's an R-rated ban and not an R-rated franchise ban from Disney proper, we might see Disney of all things push AVP. Which would be kind of surreal if Disney was the one pushing the AVP franchise. They can do action movies just fine and yeah they know a thing or two about continuity and how to build a mythology.

This is going to be really weird the day I go into a Disney store and I get to see Scar staring back at me with his massive chin.

Still Collating...

All I want is to know what they plan to do with Alien and Predator, even in the vaguest sense. I just wouldn't like Disney to "forget" about those licenses and ignore them for a long time. Even if in the worst case scenario they don't plan on doing anything with them, it'd be nice to make an official statement about that.

Not expecting much, but still hoping for some news about this in the coming months.

SiL

Iger has said they're not canning the R-rate properties, which means Fox will likely stay on as its own brand, just under Disney. Same as how Marvel an Lucasfilm still exist.

Magegg

I actually like the idea of having an Alien TV series. Maybe with that we could actually have some character depth/development and suspense, in the movies you instantly know which characters are just going to be cannon fodder. A new format would be something... well, new.

AhabPredator

I have a bad feeling about this....

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Still Collating... on Mar 13, 2019, 01:01:55 PM
All I want is to know what they plan to do with Alien and Predator, even in the vaguest sense. I just wouldn't like Disney to "forget" about those licenses and ignore them for a long time. Even if in the worst case scenario they don't plan on doing anything with them, it'd be nice to make an official statement about that.

Not expecting much, but still hoping for some news about this in the coming months.

I don't believe they'll say anything for awhile. I don't believe Disney can make any plans for them until after the transition occurs. And given that film takes 2-3 years to produce and we pretty much know nothing for the first year, we're probably not going to know anything until sometime in 2020 unless someone in Disney is really into Alien and Predator. That being said, they aren't going to forget about the licenses seeing as trademarks have to be in usage and renewed 10 years where at the halfway point they have to prove its still in usage. They absolutely will release content even if it isn't movie related.

Magegg

That's freaking scary... D:

XenoHunter99

Seems to be something missing in that video.

Also, it's not healthy to have that many big commercial properties under one umbrella.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed