William Gibson's Alien 3

Started by Ultramorph, Apr 26, 2018, 08:06:32 PM

Author
William Gibson's Alien 3 (Read 151,148 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I kind of saw this coming. I think one of the drafts describes it as just like the regular xeno.

bobby brown

bobby brown

The transformation was fun. Somebody has played a lot of resident evil it seems.

The design of the resulting creature was a letdown.
I liked the suit gun. Reminded me of Dutch´s arm in the capcom arcade game.

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Whoa this issue was nuts! Looking forward to the conclusion (even though it feels like it just started).

Spoiler
I'm surprised that Ripley was just sent off after doing virtually nothing
[close]

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Feb 13, 2019, 08:21:52 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
When Gibson wrote the script, Weaver had said she didn't want to star in the film, but was willing to film a cameo. Her role in the story reflects that.
[close]

Kane's other son

Have to admit this issue was way better. However, this should have been the halfway point of the story and not the climax.

Prez

Prez

I'm enjoying this series but man, maybe I'm getting old but I'm so confused trying to keep tabs on what is actually going on. That's no slight on the writing or artistry of Mr Christmas either rather me being plain ol thick.

Think I need to re-read from the first issue.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

While i enjoyed the transformation, i did feel it was too quick. especially how i remember it in the script. and yeah this feels like the halfway point rather than the penultimate issue

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 13, 2019, 08:36:54 PM
Quote from: Xiggz456 on Feb 13, 2019, 08:21:52 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
When Gibson wrote the script, Weaver had said she didn't want to star in the film, but was willing to film a cameo. Her role in the story reflects that.
[close]

Oh okay that makes sense. Thanks for clarifying!

skhellter

skhellter

Quote from: Prez on Feb 14, 2019, 09:49:18 AM
I'm enjoying this series but man, maybe I'm getting old but I'm so confused trying to keep tabs on what is actually going on.

It's not you. The script and comic are straight nonsense.

And that transformation scene was straight up pathetic.

Kurai

Kurai

Really disappointed in the transformations. They had a chance to come up with some really cool hybrid designs, but it seems they chose the lazy "just a normal Xenomorph" route.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: skhellter on Feb 14, 2019, 06:13:13 PM
Quote from: Prez on Feb 14, 2019, 09:49:18 AM
I'm enjoying this series but man, maybe I'm getting old but I'm so confused trying to keep tabs on what is actually going on.

It's not you. The script and comic are straight nonsense.
And that transformation scene was straight up pathetic.

I'm a bit of a different opinion in that I truly like the story and the artwork so far but I just found it hard to follow who was who (or rather where they were). I think that's more a problem of my overloaded, overtired and overworked brain of late. Need to re-read it again.

Oasis Nadrama

Oasis Nadrama

The concept of the Change wasn't a human/alien hybrid. Rather, it is that the Alien "lifeform", as a fundamental principle, gets more invasive and efficient with each experiment.

What's going on in the story is pretty simple: in this Cold War-like zone of outer space, both the commies and the capitalists obtain some samples, and they use it to run experiments. Said experiments become a highroad for the "lifeform" 's quick evolution.

I get you may have preferred some Resurrection-like hybrids here, Kurai, but it's just not the idea behind the Change. You aren't looking at humans merely contaminated by alien genetic experiments, you are looking at a fundamental principle devouring humans and replacing them.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Just finished issue 4 and really enjoyed it. I thought the hybrid was just a normal alien but in the last page you can see some big differences in design.

I hope Local Trouble has read this issue. Its chuck full of Skull, he'll love it. :laugh:

#❤TheSkull

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I finally caught up on this series today, and it's pretty darn good! I'm liking the transformations. Hopefully we get more unmade scripts or something that plays more with ideas like the UPP.

It's defiently funny how all these years later this unmade script makes sense in light of Prometheus and Alien Covenant.  :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 02, 2019, 09:15:43 PM
It's defiently funny how all these years later this unmade script makes sense in light of Prometheus and Alien Covenant.  :laugh:

As does Resurrection. ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed