William Gibson's Alien 3

Started by Ultramorph, Apr 26, 2018, 08:06:32 PM

Author
William Gibson's Alien 3 (Read 152,752 times)

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 28, 2018, 03:22:54 PM
The Bishop egg thing doesn't quite work for me either, though.

The best fix would have just been a stray facehugger or two on board the ship. No need to show any eggs. Assembly Cut minus the shot of the egg would about cover it.

Yeah, probably would have made more sense. Not a fan of anything alien being on board the Sulaco tbh, but a stowaway facehugger (a proper one, none of this royal nonsense) makes more sense than a magic egg or one that grows from Bishop.

The Old One

The Old One

The Royal Facehugger design is rad, take it back.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I'm with Old One. The royal face hugger is great

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 28, 2018, 03:22:54 PMThe Bishop egg thing doesn't quite work for me either, though.

The script was a lot more specific on it having developed from small amounts of stuff the Queen left on Bishop when she impaled him. Didn't think the comic was so clear on that.

DorkiDori

DorkiDori

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 28, 2018, 09:42:01 PMThe script was a lot more specific on it having developed from small amounts of stuff the Queen left on Bishop when she impaled him. Didn't think the comic was so clear on that.

still got what... 4 more issues left for them to hash that detail out?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Random facehuggers just crawling around without explanation is supposed to make sense?

The Old One

The Old One

Yes.

I don't have to think about it for more than 30 seconds to go:
"Yeah of course a Facehugger or two jumped aboard with the Queen."

SM

SM

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 29, 2018, 01:03:17 AM
Random facehuggers just crawling around without explanation is supposed to make sense?

Not really.  But by the same token, none of the premises for Aliens being on the Sulaco made much sense. The egg in Bishop's guts probably makes a little sense.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: SM on Nov 29, 2018, 01:11:39 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 29, 2018, 01:03:17 AM

Not really.  But by the same token, none of the premises for Aliens being on the Sulaco made much sense. The egg in Bishop's guts probably makes a little sense.

I can buy that the Queen squirted some goo that grew an egg in Bishop's guts.

I think issue two will have more of an explanation from the different science teams examining the genetic material.

The Old One

The Old One

I can't because he's inorganic.

Stowaway Facehuggers not revealing themselves during the chaos of the Sulaco decompression,
as a risk versus reward evaluation- I can believe.

SM

SM

Not when there's three readily accessible hosts - one of whom is a child and the another comatose.

The Old One

The Old One

Even more readily accessible when they're asleep.
(& They're out of the area they know will blow them into space at a moment's notice.)

SM

SM

Which all worked out well.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I haven't read the comic yet, but I assume that the artwork alone makes the origin of the egg far more obvious than it was in the movie we actually got.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's very obvious where it is. I think the narrative handles the how of it later.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed