William Gibson's Alien 3

Started by Ultramorph, Apr 26, 2018, 08:06:32 PM

Author
William Gibson's Alien 3 (Read 150,904 times)

Denton Smalls

Denton Smalls

It would be funny if Fincher publicly got behind this.  :laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 13, 2018, 01:24:07 AM
Is anyone else glad that we're finally getting a canon sequel to Aliens?  ;D

We already had one.  ;) But I see what you're saying and I agree. Gibson's script was the logical and appropriate narrative direction for the franchise, as of that time. It is too much to hope for an eventual novelization though. I just can't get into comics the way I can novels.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

You know, the original Dark Horse series by Mark Verheiden could very easily be adapted as a sequel to this comic...

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Denton Smalls on Jul 13, 2018, 03:00:32 AM
It would be funny if Fincher publicly got behind this.  :laugh:

Indeed it would. At this point, the word Alien may induce some kind of attack for Fincher, all by itself. The poor man.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 13, 2018, 03:06:51 AM

We already had one.  ;)

Yeah, Colonial Marines. ;)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 13, 2018, 03:43:18 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Jul 13, 2018, 03:06:51 AM

We already had one.  ;)

Yeah, Colonial Marines. ;)

Seize Him!

XENOMORPHOSIS

XENOMORPHOSIS

Oh by the way a scan of a junko toy has revealed the Predator dog for The Predator http://www.scified.com/u/FB_IMG_1531451954828.jpg

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Thanks XENOMORPHOSIS. We're already on it.  :)

Quote from: SM on Jul 12, 2018, 09:59:52 PM
I found the Gibson drafts, the first one particularly, not the greatest reads.

I read the first three issues scripts for this some time ago (oops, I dropped something) and they really sucked me in. And I don't think Christmas has actually changed anything. They just flow better. Seeing a legit - if alternate - Hicks in action again should be sweet.

Personally, I really enjoyed the second. The first was madness but I think the second was actually the best of the other Alien 3 scripts we got and one I really enjoyed. That said, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the scripts so much! It's gonna be great to see Hicks on the page again!

LtJesseRipley

LtJesseRipley

The waiting is the hardest part.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 13, 2018, 03:08:46 AM
You know, the original Dark Horse series by Mark Verheiden could very easily be adapted as a sequel to this comic...
Does it follow Gibsons plot then?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Jul 12, 2018, 09:59:52 PMI read the first three issues scripts for this some time ago (oops, I dropped something) and they really sucked me in. And I don't think Christmas has actually changed anything. They just flow better.

Noice.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 13, 2018, 07:53:20 AMPersonally, I really enjoyed the second. The first was madness but I think the second was actually the best of the other Alien 3 scripts we got and one I really enjoyed.

Yeah, I much prefer the toned-down second draft. The first is simply too over-the-top. It's Aliens dialled up to 11 with none of the finesse.

That said, I can't help but feel all that excess will be really well-suited to a comic.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 13, 2018, 08:17:03 AM
That said, I can't help but feel all that excess will be really well-suited to a comic.

I had the same though. Which is why I'm really curious about the idea of series' based on Red or Ward's scripts too. But I'd also like a genuinely good series soooo...I'm expecting we might end up with a blend of the two.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Finally :D Have They revealed which draft they've done or they keeping that as a surprise?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The opening is from the second draft.

Thanatos ZHE

Thanatos ZHE

Released in November?! How long am I going to have to wait for the collected edition?  :'(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed