William Gibson's Alien 3

Started by Ultramorph, Apr 26, 2018, 08:06:32 PM

Author
William Gibson's Alien 3 (Read 152,692 times)

SM

SM

I found the Gibson drafts, the first one particularly, not the greatest reads.

I read the first three issues scripts for this some time ago (oops, I dropped something) and they really sucked me in. And I don't think Christmas has actually changed anything. They just flow better. Seeing a legit - if alternate - Hicks in action again should be sweet.

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 12, 2018, 07:53:46 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 12, 2018, 07:50:36 PM
I'm pleased to see some influence from the second draft in those pages.

Yep, the opening seemed based off the second draft. Dem wrist-mounted smartguns!  :P

This run is going to be 5 issues btw.

5 issues will male for a great fancy pants. Could include the actual script as an extra.

The Fancy that Dark Horse released for the Star Wars Original script adaptation was beautiful.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Jul 12, 2018, 09:59:52 PM
I found the Gibson drafts, the first one particularly, not the greatest reads.

I read the first three issues scripts for this some time ago (oops, I dropped something) and they really sucked me in. And I don't think Christmas has actually changed anything. They just flow better. Seeing a legit - if alternate - Hicks in action again should be sweet.

Can you tell us which draft it's based on?

SM

SM

No.

Perfect-Organism

Really exciting!  It's going to be great to see Hicks in action again!

Curiously, it seems the issue of using Michael Biehn's likeness (or other actors' likenesses) hasn't prevented this series from happening.  I hope this bodes well for a TPB compilation of the original Alien 3 comic series.  I really liked that one.

Local Trouble

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

If I had to take a guess i'd bet they blended things from both drafts.

Huggs

Huggs

Prez

Prez

And to quote Hudson

"F**ken ay!'

Can't wait for this. Artwork looks superb. I think I'll add buying the single issues as well as my normal TPB purchase on this one (hopefully a nice big hardback edition).

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Same, and i'm not a huuuge comic collector. I have a couple of the "greats" like the AVP in TPB, Bad Blood, Predator Fire and Stone, The Mondo comics, and (of course) Labyrinth.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I have almost every released edition of every alien, predator, and AvP comic and TPB.  ;D

I am missing some single issues and a few of the UK aliens magazines.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Is anyone else glad that we're finally getting a canon sequel to Aliens?  ;D

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 13, 2018, 01:24:07 AM
Is anyone else glad that we're finally getting a canon sequel to Aliens?  ;D

Indeed! It's a great time to be an ALIENS fan.

The Old One

The Old One

I hate you both. lol

OpenMaw

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed