Aliens vs. Predator Battle Yahtzee

Started by Jaggedpulp, Mar 08, 2019, 09:29:19 AM

Author
Aliens vs. Predator Battle Yahtzee (Read 597 times)

Jaggedpulp

Has anyone played Aliens vs. Predator Battle Yahtzee?  Is it any good? I'm really tempted by it!

Machiko Naguchi

I got it back when it came out a couple years ago. It is pretty interesting if you like the franchise and the general idea of yahtzee. The battle mechanic provides a new way to think about the game as well. Games usually don't take incredibly long since you are doing more attacking than healing but there are still some interesting decisions to be made. Each player can pick between alien, marine, scientist, and predator and they each have a one time special ability that can help during the game.

As far as the components go they are good for the most part. The scoreboard is good as well as the little character pieces that move along it. The score pad is nice quality and has everything explained out; plus the backside can be used for regular yahtzee if you want to do that as well. The only downside is actually the dice, which should have been the number one priority for a dice game. They have a cool look initially being that they are green and alien-esque. But they are fairly dark and it makes the numbers a little hard to read so you will need direct light on the table. I believe the instructions says they are like that because they are meant to glow in the dark, but how can you play a game in the dark when you can't see to keep score or move the game pieces? Oh and randomly it doesn't come with a writing utensil, so I found a golf pencil to add to my box  ;D

Even so the dice haven't kept me from having fun with the game. I think its an interesting addition and worth a pick up, especially if you already like yahtzee and/or dice games. If not, it could still be worth a pick up as a quirky novelty item that you could display. There is also an AvP Clue game if you weren't aware, but I don't have that because I hate Clue. I took an initial quick look at it online and it seems like it would be neat if you liked the game though. Hope this helps!

Jaggedpulp

Thanks. That's really useful.  I think I'll get it (next pay day!!)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed