There is no Alien: Awakening script

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Nov 15, 2018, 10:18:55 PM

Author
There is no Alien: Awakening script (Read 20,192 times)

CainsSon

Quote from: David's Creation on Nov 16, 2018, 06:45:37 PM
Here's that Blu-ray.com post.
https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=14128165&postcount=1568
His profile claims he's Carl Braga, a guy with a handful of art department credits on IMDb, including Alien: Covenant.

I thought someone dug up a Fox production schedule that confirmed Covenant was slated to begin in that September as well... but that might have been proven fake.  I can't find it now.

I dunno... ive worked in the art department on several features and it is just rather common place for the studio to keep certain things they deem potentially useful. It doesnt necessarily have to be used for sequels. Its a very strange process of elimination when a film wraps for the art department. I once watched a studio insist on keeping one of two portraits of Julia Roberts, made for a film... She asked for both, they gave her one and wanted to keep the other. Julia had contracted that she get to keep her wardrobe, and thenwhen she came to pick it up she tried to pick up the second portrait too. Her excuse? "what the hell are they gonnando with this other portrait of me in storage?" Reshoots had been completed. Not sure what ended up happening to that portrait, but Im currently typing this one my cellphone in the bed she shared in that film with a handsome costar... so none of what they keep or waste or give away and auction off really makes sense in any logical way. Im sure they may have been inclined to keep some stuff but it doesn't necessarily mean anything is solidly in the works. If they had dates to start shooting THAT does make sense.

whiterabbit

This is bullshit but I can still dream about a script being completed can't I.  :'(

Yautja_Warrior

Not sure they will ever make this with how poor Covenant did or if they do go ahead, it will be a cut down version of it, as no way they will throw a ton of money at it now.

I bet Fox wish they had taken a chance on Blomkamp's direct Aliens sequel now. I would have rather seen Ripley, Newt, Hicks and Bishop kicking ass again, than anything that Covenant offered. Ridley really dropped the ball with this

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Yautja_Warrior on Nov 17, 2018, 12:38:10 PM
I bet Fox wish they had taken a chance on Blomkamp's direct Aliens sequel now. I would have rather seen Ripley, Newt, Hicks and Bishop kicking ass again, than anything that Covenant offered. Ridley really dropped the ball with this

I totally agree with this sentiment. "Prometheus", for all its faults, I still personally enjoy.  But Covenant?  :-\

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I, as well, enjoy Prometheus despite its many faults.

It also helps that Covenant is pretty damn genuinely good.

brokentusk420

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 17, 2018, 12:48:45 PM
Quote from: Yautja_Warrior on Nov 17, 2018, 12:38:10 PM

I totally agree with this sentiment. "Prometheus", for all its faults, I still personally enjoy.  But Covenant?  :-\

Nope! Not making that horrible fan service wet dream was the best decision Fox has made in a long time with this franchise.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: CainsSon on Nov 16, 2018, 10:13:39 PM
I dunno... ive worked in the art department on several features and it is just rather common place for the studio to keep certain things they deem potentially useful. It doesnt necessarily have to be used for sequels. Its a very strange process of elimination when a film wraps for the art department. I once watched a studio insist on keeping one of two portraits of Julia Roberts, made for a film... She asked for both, they gave her one and wanted to keep the other. Julia had contracted that she get to keep her wardrobe, and thenwhen she came to pick it up she tried to pick up the second portrait too. Her excuse? "what the hell are they gonnando with this other portrait of me in storage?" Reshoots had been completed. Not sure what ended up happening to that portrait, but Im currently typing this one my cellphone in the bed she shared in that film with a handsome costar... so none of what they keep or waste or give away and auction off really makes sense in any logical way. Im sure they may have been inclined to keep some stuff but it doesn't necessarily mean anything is solidly in the works. If they had dates to start shooting THAT does make sense.

We're talking about the bigger stuff here though. Storage costs for things like clothing or a portrait wouldn't be an issue either way. If there's no sequel or reshoots planned, these smaller items (especially the so-called "hero props") often make their way to places like Propstore which help to defray the production costs a teensy bit.

I thought someone dug up a Fox production schedule that confirmed Covenant was slated to begin in that September as well... but that might have been proven fake.  I can't find it now.

Can't recall anything about a Fox production schedule but Ridley did say back in May 2017 that he will be filming the sequel in 14 months time. So that would probably have put it closer to September 2018 rather than September 2017.

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2017/05/10/alien-covenant-2-start-shooting-14-months/

maron

maron

I don't trust Ridley anymore. We need a new director for this. Also someone who prevents the best and very important scenes to be cut from the final product.

And maybe you do not throw the cash out for facehugger animations and landscapes with panoramic view? Just focus on the important stuff for once. That's plot, Xeno and Space Jockey (for real, you can't give them the same look of Prometheus????).

Why not Blomkamp? That could be good, for the Alien at least.

Richman678

I heard Ridley Scott agreed to make some Disney movie, and in return they were gonna let him finish his trilogy.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

He agreed to make a movie for Disney based on the Merlin Saga books by TA Barron alright. The "in return" part is just conjecture/wishful thinking by hopeful fans.

Nukiemorph

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 17, 2018, 04:56:51 PM

Can't recall anything about a Fox production schedule but Ridley did say back in May 2017 that he will be filming the sequel in 14 months time. So that would probably have put it closer to September 2018 rather than September 2017.

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2017/05/10/alien-covenant-2-start-shooting-14-months/

Okay I sort of found what I was talking about...
http://www.alien-covenant.com/topic/47179
This post references an Omega Underground article, but the Omega Underground website is gone now.

So if the Blu-ray.com post and Omega Underground article are to be believed, they were going to start pre-production in September of 2017, then roll cameras in the summer of 2018.  This lines up with the "14 months" Ridley was talking about during the Covenant interviews.  It is entirely possible that the script still had a long way to go by the time they pulled the plug, but I'm sure they had a rough outline.

David Weyland

David Weyland

I think Prometheus is flawed with its dialogue & Covenant with its compromises.
I don't blame Ridley Scott but the constraints of Studio & Fan expectations
Fancuts like the Chaos & Evanus editions demonstrate
that better films would have been achieved theatricallly by being half an hour longer. Hopefully we'll get a bumper Directors Cut trilogy when this is all done & dusted.
I am glad that David designed the Xenomorph per se, I know I'm in the minority but in regard of themes & protagonists in the Quadrilogy it makes linear sense.
I think it will be set up so creatures even more Alien than the Xenomorph have the potential to come into being via the black goo plot device, Making us in the long run have a soft spot for the Xenos coz they were created by an Android made & designed on Earth fighting against some aberration of the Engineers or beyond for many films to come to expand the Alien universe.

Adam802

Quote from: Saggit on Nov 16, 2018, 09:05:32 AM
I've said it many times and will say it again: FOX! Take the franchise away from Scott! Let him create his AI stuff but as a separate thing from ALIEN. Since Prometheus I really don't like the direction ALIEN is going.

Exactly.  I really hope this "Alien Awakening" never gets made tbh. 

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Adam802 on Nov 18, 2018, 05:34:58 AM
Quote from: Saggit on Nov 16, 2018, 09:05:32 AM
I've said it many times and will say it again: FOX! Take the franchise away from Scott! Let him create his AI stuff but as a separate thing from ALIEN. Since Prometheus I really don't like the direction ALIEN is going.

Exactly.  I really hope this "Alien Awakening" never gets made tbh.

It's Ridley Scott though. You'd have better luck gettin' a corndog away from Rosie O' Donnell. The man's reputation carries a lot of weight, even with Disney, I'd wager. They may humor him on one or two things like Alien, just so he'll do others for them in the future.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: David Weyland on Nov 17, 2018, 11:32:56 PM
I think Prometheus is flawed with its dialogue & Covenant with its compromises.
I don't blame Ridley Scott but the constraints of Studio & Fan expectations

Faults and all, I personally like "Prometheus". But in my humble opinion, I strongly disagree. There's no way I'm going to blame fans, or their expectation, for the calamity that is "Alien Covenant".  Nor will I absolve Ridley Scott.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed