The Predator @ Comic-Con

Started by ace3g, Jun 20, 2018, 12:17:30 AM

Author
The Predator @ Comic-Con (Read 98,226 times)

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: PredBabe on Jul 28, 2018, 01:33:22 AM
Hah that's cute how excited he got over his action figure.

Regardless of how some people may feel about the concepts being explored in this movie, I think it's awesome hearing him say that they got to make a sequel that they wanted to see rather than a movie that is completely dictated by the studio.

I hope that's the case  :) If so, it's very reassuring that he is getting to make the movie exactly how he wanted it, and not FOX strong-arming him into changing its direction.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Well maybe some of the test screenings forced them to change some things, but I think the studio was willing and eager to give someone like Black the chance to try and reignite the series.  :)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Just read on a french website
Spoiler
that the scene showed at comic con where upgrade kicks fugitive's ass contain a shot where we see from upgrade's POV, and apparently he has thermal vision without his mask, just like in P2... I don't know if i like this, already found that weird in P2...
[close]

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 29, 2018, 11:18:50 AM
Spoiler
that the scene showed at comic con where upgrade kicks fugitive's ass contain a shot where we see from upgrade's POV, and apparently he has thermal vision without his mask, just like in P2... I don't know if i like this, already found that weird in P2...
[close]

Interesting...
Not a good idea. Especially given that Upgrade
Spoiler
has humanish eyes which means (for me at least) that he should see humanish as well...so less thermalvisionish (what a word, dammit :) ).
[close]

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Xerxész on Jul 29, 2018, 11:31:58 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Interesting...
Spoiler
has humanish eyes which means (for me at least) that he should see humanish as well...so less thermalvisionish (what a word, dammit :) ).
[close]

Exactly, it would make more sense

Whos_Nick

Whos_Nick

i think it was red like P1 in the clip

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Ahh that's better ! Hope it's like that in the final product. Though he seemingly have human eyes, so it's still debatable if it's logical or not.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Xerxész on Jul 29, 2018, 11:31:58 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Interesting...
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Well, I get the impression that the incorporating of human DNA into the Predators is more of a recent thing - that it may not have been going on for very long.  I wouldn't think that the Upgrade would be a perfect product of human features, with human eyes + human vision, not yet anyway.
[close]

Samhain13

Samhain13

Spoiler
[close]

That was a mistake in P2, don't remember if in the extras they admit that. But in AVP-R and Predators and they the same vision from first movie.

The Upgrade having that would only give benefits if he is hunting on Earth, in other planets it might make things worse.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Samhain13 on Jul 30, 2018, 04:05:27 PM
Spoiler
[close]

That was a mistake in P2, don't remember if in the extras they admit that. But in AVP-R and Predators and they the same vision from first movie.

The Upgrade having that would only give benefits if he is hunting on Earth, in other planets it might make things worse.

True.  It makes me wonder if the way in which they "upgrade" themselves is dependent on the planet where they spend the most time.  Like, they tweak themselves for their favorite hunting planets.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Wysps on Jul 30, 2018, 04:09:08 PM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Jul 30, 2018, 04:05:27 PM
Spoiler
[close]

True.  It makes me wonder if the way in which they "upgrade" themselves is dependent on the planet where they spend the most time.  Like, they tweak themselves for their favorite hunting planets.

Considering how big the Upgrade have gotten I find it hard to believe his goal was to hunt on Earth, what's the challenge now? He is even more overpowered against humans than he already was before. If an "upgrade" was necessary so they could have chance against a much superior prey, that they really were getting their asses kicked for years and couldn't beat I would understand.

But becoming a 10 feet tall monster with better eyesight just so you can bitchslap humans easier just isn't what I would expect from a Predator.

Tetsujin

Tetsujin

The Predator Cast on Seeing the Iconic Monster For the First Time and Working With Shane Black

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8tImnuWF_U

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Re :The Upgrade.

Spoiler

From the way some of the dialogue has been changed and the way some of the promotional stuff is going, I think they've moved away from it being human-centric. It sounds more like Upgrade has been going around the galaxy picking out the best, and NOW he is on Earth. Not that he has yet taken in human-roid juice. That's the impression i'm getting from the last trailer and some of the press stuff. It seems like they changed it from emphasizing "human" to "lot's of species."
[close]

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 30, 2018, 08:17:17 PM
Re :The Upgrade.

Spoiler

From the way some of the dialogue has been changed and the way some of the promotional stuff is going, I think they've moved away from it being human-centric. It sounds more like Upgrade has been going around the galaxy picking out the best, and NOW he is on Earth. Not that he has yet taken in human-roid juice. That's the impression i'm getting from the last trailer and some of the press stuff. It seems like they changed it from emphasizing "human" to "lot's of species."
[close]

But he seems to have human eyes though

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Tetsujin on Jul 30, 2018, 06:27:01 PM

The Predator Cast on Seeing the Iconic Monster For the First Time and Working With Shane Black

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8tImnuWF_U

You know what, I'm just so in love with this cast. I could watch them on a talk show or something. They're such a genuinely interesting bunch.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed