Two ALIEN TV Shows in the works (Rumour)

Started by Gazz, Feb 13, 2019, 11:17:16 PM

Author
Two ALIEN TV Shows in the works (Rumour) (Read 49,248 times)

SM

And the fact they didn't really properly showcase their effects skills.

SiL

They really shouldn't have directed it themselves.

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah, I was excited for that project until I started seeing some trailers. Never did wind up watching the film. Love the ADI guys and their work but... they aren't directors.

Gillis is a pretty good actor, though. :D

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 02, 2020, 11:42:56 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 02, 2020, 10:42:22 AMI think longer, season long arcs would be the way to go. Longer-form storytelling is doing so well these days.

Yeah, I really wouldn't want to see a "monster of the week" format. It's gotta be season-long (or even longer) storylines for me.

Look guys. I only need to know one thing.
Where.
They.
Are.

;D

Stitch

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 04, 2020, 02:37:28 AM
Yeah, I was excited for that project until I started seeing some trailers. Never did wind up watching the film. Love the ADI guys and their work but... they aren't directors.

Gillis is a pretty good actor, though. :D
It's not a terrible film. It's what you expect from an effects team making a whole movie. Nothing amazing but there's far worse out  there.

Drukathi

Quote from: Stitch on Dec 04, 2020, 08:45:34 AM

It's not a terrible film. It's what you expect from an effects team making a whole movie. Nothing amazing but there's far worse out  there.

The film - not. But practical effects - yes. They are ridiculous - especially the light garlands at the end. And the only purpose of Harbinger Down is to show the power of practical effects. Draw conclusions.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 02, 2020, 09:55:32 AM
I hope not because that show used to piss me right off when I still bothered to watch it.

For every really good episode there's at least three shit ones.

Yeah the Walking Dead seasons should have been halved, at the least! So much filler...

I just want to have a great show following Noah's perspective. I want a show that we love not because Aliens are in it, but a show we love that also has Aliens in it.  A show with great characters where every single episode doesn't need a Xenomorph in it. Man just the thought...so great!

Corporal Hicks

I think Noah talked about it as a 10 hour show when he spoke earlier this year, so it would look he only envisioned a 10 episode season.

Xiggz456

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 04, 2020, 01:30:14 PM
I think Noah talked about it as a 10 hour show when he spoke earlier this year, so it would look he only envisioned a 10 episode season.

8-12 episodes would be perfect IMO

Nightmare Asylum

And given Hawley's track record with Fargo, I'd absolutely be down for something like this as an anthology series with new characters and a new story each season.

Especially if one of those seasons is a Covenant sequel, with Ridley involved. ;)

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: RidgeTop on Dec 03, 2020, 01:48:12 AM
Quote from: Lost_Hunter on Dec 03, 2020, 01:18:50 AM
I'd be super down for a show, as long as it was good. You would need a big budget for the sets though. There are rules to the design of Alien and they should be followed. That doesn't mean there's not room to grow but you have to honor the aesthetic.

Y'all keep pulling for ADI and I just don't get it. Maybe they could do a better suit but who gives a shit? Design aside I'm just going on the films they've worked on. This is not aimed at their 2-D artists or sculptors.

Honestly it's mostly just me who's the ADI cheerleader, our staff have disagreements about whether or not they should get another gig. But I don't place their work above any of the other practical creature FX studios that have been involved in the franchise, any of the major ones would do a nice job I'm sure.

Also high production value sci-fi series have become much more accessible these days. The Unreal Engine live-action virtual sets utilized by The Mandalorian are a good example. That show has an excellent blend of practical and digital effects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ufp8weYYDE8

This is the way! 💪😎

Or at least the way I want so see in an Alien production  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Split off discussion relating to the new announcement, merged into this thread: https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=64564.0

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed