Aliens: The Original Years Omnibus Volume 2 Details Announced!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 05, 2021, 08:49:08 PM

Author
Aliens: The Original Years Omnibus Volume 2 Details Announced! (Read 15,853 times)

judge death

latest one that ended on 9 dollar, I purchased:
https://www.tradera.com/item/341679/426351196/bok-aliens-vs-predator-omnibus-volume-2-dark-horse-comics-pocket

And at seriemagasinet a swedish site they sell vol 1-2-3 for 8-10 dollar piece.^^

SM

SiL

"Alien looming over person" is as generic a concept as it comes for a cover, but at least try to do something different ???

Voodoo Magic

I'm not certain what the Marine is looking at. His pupils say up and ahead, but the Xeno is either above or behind. 🤔

Hunter-Killer

Hunter-Killer

I haven't seen anything very inspiring yet as far as artwork, I don't expect marvel to reinvent the wheel but they have plenty of opportunities to do some cool stuff, they can do something as powerful as the Arthur Suydam artwork but I'm not seeing it here.

I'm going to leave a quote from Giger, cited from the Necronomicon II;

"inner vision is as important as the artist's technique"

Rambo

Rambo

I really like that they are attributing Earth Angel to its original serialization in Previews 1993/1994. Also, Crusade didn't begin in Aliens Magazine until issue 13, so they are attributing Sacrifice to it's true original publication in issues 9-12, rather than it's individual release. Neat to see they are looking at the history and crediting everything to the very first time it was published.

Russ840

Check this out people.

Its prints the final parts of crusade, which have never seen print.

Kradan

Nice choice for the cover. Love post-Alien 3 release influence on Xenomorph

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That Rogue artwork under the dust jacket.  :o Don't think I've ever seen that in full size.

Quote from: Russ840 on Jan 05, 2022, 11:26:36 PM

This is worth the price of admission alone!

And those specials at the back. Marvel is killing it putting these out.

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 06, 2022, 08:41:52 AM
That Genocide artwork under the dust jacket.  :o Don't think I've ever seen that in full size.

This is worth the price of admission alone!

And those specials at the back. Marvel is killing it putting these out.

Awesome right. Marvel do put together great collections.

Xiggz456

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi457MAobc8

Check this out people.

Oh now that's real cool! Never thought we'd see that one get finished!

Engineer

How'd they get the final part of crusade? Did the contact the original writer/artist and ask them to finish it? Was the last issue finished but never went to print, and they found it somehow? Or did they get a new writer/artist to come in and give it an ending?

HuDaFuK

Presumably it was drawn at the time, it just never got published because the magazine got cancelled.

The fact the finale is in black and white would suggest to me that's the case. It obviously got canned before it was coloured. If it had been done especially for this release they surely would've coloured it.

Raises the question why Dark Horse never thought to put it out!

Can't quite believe we're finally getting it lol.

xeno_alpha_07

I've always wanted to see Aliens: Crusade complete!  Can't wait for this.  I always thought it was a shame Crusade was never released fully and I like the artwork.  Good news indeed.  Wonder if Aliens: Matrix will ever get a release finally.

Engineer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 07, 2022, 09:29:54 AM
Presumably it was drawn at the time, it just never got published because the magazine got cancelled.

The fact the finale is in black and white would suggest to me that's the case. It obviously got canned before it was coloured. If it had been done especially for this release they surely would've coloured it.

Raises the question why Dark Horse never thought to put it out!

Can't quite believe we're finally getting it lol.

Yea that's what Confuses me!! I had heard somewhere that dark horse never re-published crusade because they had lost the original copies or something. I always thought that was BS tbh. Seeing crusade get its ending now is just baffling to me...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed