Depression, Anxiety, and Mood Disorders

Started by LastSurvivor92, Apr 12, 2014, 08:41:08 AM

Author
Depression, Anxiety, and Mood Disorders (Read 75,658 times)

EJA

People I trust and try to help keep on finding excuses to have a go at me. Can't take it anymore. Deactivated my Facebook account.

[cancerblack]

Facebook is total shit anyway.

Kradan

I thoight that's Twitter ?

[cancerblack]

Twitter is somehow even worse. But facebook is still awful.

Ingwar

I don't use either.

Kradan

Same

BlueMarsalis79

Really struggling recently need to make that call.

ByotchBeng

It makes me proud to see people openly discussing mental health here. So many others have stigmatized it, and made the illusion you're "weak" if you can't muscle through it or complain about feeling anything other than what they want you to be/feel. I am on 100mg of Setraline for PPD and PMDD, off and on over the last few years and trying other meds in between. It seems since having children, my mental health has deteriorated a bit. I don't blame them (children), because my mother dealt the same, we're just susceptible to mental health issues and imbalances.  I miss the old me where I was happier and had bounds of energy. But I'm getting used to the new normal of it all, especially after having COVID during my last pregnancy. Changes you physically and mentally, life.  Medication and therapy has helped a bit over time. There is absolutely no shame in seeking help or seeking someone close to talk with. I didn't have that growing up like many haven't either. It was a tough ass dad saying deal with it or a mother that suffered and rolled her eyes when you yourself had any problems, so they'd turn it into a competition.  Sending you all positive vibes.  Things get real dark sometimes. Just take it one day at a time.

Shinawi

My cousin was already depressed before the pandemic began. It worsened when the pandemic hit the business she works for very hard. I never experienced depression, but current events are making me feel a lot of anxiety that I never felt before. Problems bring in more problems. It's good that we can express and share our problems here. Keeping it to ourselves makes it harder.

Samhain13

Quote from: Shinawi on Mar 03, 2022, 02:47:44 PM
My cousin was already depressed before the pandemic began. It worsened when the pandemic hit the business she works for very hard. I never experienced depression, but current events are making me feel a lot of anxiety that I never felt before. Problems bring in more problems. It's good that we can express and share our problems here. Keeping it to ourselves makes it harder.

The psychological effects of the pandemic are often overlooked, anxiety and depression have spread even more during these last years, and heavier for those that experienced it before.

Razz

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jan 18, 2022, 10:57:45 PM
Facebook is total shit anyway.
Indeed, sadly I still use it to keep in touch with those I want to meet, organise nights out etc but I gotta be honest, I'm rapidly reaching that point of just shit canning the whole thing regardless. Really has f**ked with my mental wellbeing still using it.

Speaking of mental wellbeing, I will be seeing a therapist soon. It has been on the cards before the pandemic but now it's worse than ever and I feel like on days that I see no point in carrying on with anything if life is going to be constantly cruel to me on any or every level. I'm too exhausted to cry sometimes. f**k everything!

Space_Dementia

Space_Dementia

The more we talk I really think the easier it will become, before the pandemic I considered myself mentally strong, Christ, I never even considered/thought about it. I was also ignorant about it... but through a mix of events during the last couple of years, its really taken  hold on me. I struggle to talk about it and when I attempt to it makes me crumble... Hugh Edwards, a Welsh journalist recently came out about his struggle with mental health and what he describes is the closest I can explain to how I have felt. Bedridden and it comes in waves, I can feel great or neutral some weeks/days, but then a wave will hit and I just cant think or want to do anything.

I didn't really want to write this post and I've forced myself to, because from reading the messages and recent experience's, I really do think talking about this helps.

[cancerblack]

I know the feeling.

[cancerblack]

Massive anxiety today, no particular reason.

ByotchBeng

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 30, 2022, 05:21:35 AMMassive anxiety today, no particular reason.
): my heart goes out to you. Anxiety is a miserable beast. I recently switched to Wellbutrin generic from lupin. Been pretty rough with side effects the first three weeks. But things seem to have settled a bit. A side effect I don't care for is that it makes me have periods of anger. Like I'm literally cursing at inanimate objects and flipping my shit over things I generally wouldn't have. It's stopped mostly now. But it's kinda sad we gotta trade side effects for mental health sometimes.  I hope your day is better today, cancerblack.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed