Sales

Started by PRI. HUDSON, Oct 22, 2014, 02:00:25 AM

Author
Sales (Read 57,984 times)

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Through the 11th aka 4 days in, Isolation sold over 200,000 copies in the USA and UK.

Not bad. I think word of mouth will spark sales for weeks after the release. I hope it sells well, SEGA deserves it, as much as I hate to say it. So does CA.

Xhan

Xhan

It's going to sell solid, but it's not going to burn down any doors.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Xhan on Oct 22, 2014, 02:25:14 AM
It's going to sell solid, but it's not going to burn down any doors.

I think buyers were cautious, but sales will increase due to word of mouth. Won't be shocked if 2nd week sales are way higher than the 200,000 plus of the first week.

Global numbers after 4 days, 362,643.

Not bad. Not even a full week. Will be interesting to see if things pick up. I think they will.

ACM did about 1.39 million. Would love to see Isolation crap all over that number.

Xhan

Xhan

You won't get anything definitive as a "mean run" of sales until the holiday season is completely over, but titles almost universally sell the bulk in the first month unless they have incredible word of mouth or literally game changing dlc, and Isolation doesn't seem like it will sell continually forever in the manner that skyrim and gta would.

Frankly SEGA's fall down drunk schizophrenic management of the license has not boded well for customer support in the casual and impulse purchase ranks.

It went from two to seven in the steam ranks, with halloween coming up that may shift, but unlikely.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Xhan on Oct 24, 2014, 08:34:32 AM
You won't get anything definitive as a "mean run" of sales until the holiday season is completely over, but titles almost universally sell the bulk in the first month unless they have incredible word of mouth or literally game changing dlc, and Isolation doesn't seem like it will sell continually forever in the manner that skyrim and gta would.

Frankly SEGA's fall down drunk schizophrenic management of the license has not boded well for customer support in the casual and impulse purchase ranks.

It went from two to seven in the steam ranks, with halloween coming up that may shift, but unlikely.

If it can average this kinda run for 2-3 weeks, I would imagine it getting close to a million copies. Of course it won't sell 10 million, but I would like to see it beat out ACM. It would mean the demand for games in this franchise remain strong.

razeak

razeak

I'm afraid A:CM has done the damage. It managed significantly more sales. Another thing to consider is the genre. How much widespread appeal does it have? Also negative reviews from two of the bigger game sites won't help the "core" segment. The bulk of most games sales come in the first 3 days historically. It's wishful thinking for it to hit 500k across all platforms. It's a shame, because without great sales, we are unlikely to see a followup.

Xhan

Xhan

It's a lot more complex than that; the genre is super-niche, the playstyle is very deliberate, and horror games are rapidly approaching fatigue crescendo levels amongst general consumers. New consoles saturation also isn't where'd you'd need to be for a title like this to get "amazing" numbers. Frankly I would have picked a window later into the year for closer Q4 vectoring, but SEGA's marketing approach hasn't made sense to me in years.

I think people should happy with what they got considering whom is managing the license, and while as a hard canoneer I still have problems with the title's presentation and mechanics, at the end of the day it's a solid niche title that does what it intended to do.

CA proved they can handle AAA without too much logistical leveraging concerns, and SEGA actually managed and produced a licensed game that isn't a complete clusterf**k.

esz

Space Voyager

Space Voyager

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: razeak on Oct 27, 2014, 11:16:57 PM
I'm afraid A:CM has done the damage. It managed significantly more sales. Another thing to consider is the genre. How much widespread appeal does it have? Also negative reviews from two of the bigger game sites won't help the "core" segment. The bulk of most games sales come in the first 3 days historically. It's wishful thinking for it to hit 500k across all platforms. It's a shame, because without great sales, we are unlikely to see a followup.

It sold 362K in 4 days, but you don't think it will sell 500K? LMAO. Come on, really?

The sales after the first 4 weeks will be telling of how many it will sell. It should easily cross 500K.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Oct 24, 2014, 03:47:23 AM

ACM did about 1.39 million. Would love to see Isolation crap all over that number.

Doubt it. ACM is genre that attracts way more people. CoD is crap but look at its sales. I consider A:I a niche game compared to the other AAA games. I mean, its not for everyone, thats for sure.

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

ACM seems to have a lot more marketing too.

I remember seeing LOADS of posters around London for AGES. Whilst I've only seen one on the tube for AI, and it didn't last more than a week or two.

CA did hype their game, but nothing like the way Pitchdick and co. hyped ACM.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

I agree it most likely won't hit 1.39 million as ACM did, but we will see. Word of mouth has been great. That is what drives sales, other than reputation. I still think it can break a million within the first month, if the sales pace only slows down accordingly. It should easily break 500K-600K in the first month, maybe 750K.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

To the guy who said it won't break 500,000............LOL

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=alien%3A+isolation

560,000. Not shabby. Not even a month yet. This numbers are as of October 25th.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed