Predalien: Dreads or No Dreads

Started by Kradan, May 13, 2019, 05:37:20 PM

Do you like dreads as part of Predalien design?

Yay
35 (48.6%)
Nay
33 (45.8%)
No Predalien
4 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Author
Predalien: Dreads or No Dreads (Read 12,736 times)

Kradan

Kradan

Personally, I love dreads in Predalien's design. I think it's make it looking realy cool, especially in movement and I don't care about any logical explanation behind it, Dreads make that creature really unigue one and mandibles are not enough for me.

But i'm curious to know what majority's opinion is. You saw the the poll, just hit "Yes" or "No" option and let's see how it goes !

SuperiorIronman

Yes for dreads.

It's just nobody ever went and did the obvious solution and so they just kind of flop about or give it an odd hairline. A frill shaped like the Predator skull (or even Super Predator head outright) and putting them on like you would the standard Predator. It's that simple. Give it a frill like triceratops and put the dreads behind it like the Predator.

Voodoo Magic

3-2

Dreads in the Lead!! Who would have thought??

#TEAMDREAD

Komenja

Komenja

Sure, I like dreads, so I don't really mind them on the Predalien. But I do think most of the designs it's had would look better without them. It's a tricky business to stick dangly parts onto the Alien's phallic head. Especially when they're situated along the back of the head like Chet or the Abomination, it just looks weird. I think the one from the 2016/2017 Alien/Predator/Judge Dredd crossover has my favorite dread implementation, with a patch of dreads coming out right behind the face.
Spoiler
[close]

Voodoo Magic

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Pro dreads in the lead?

It must not be  >:(

426Buddy

426Buddy

No dreads please

Huggs

Huggs

Dreads on a predalien are fine, but could've been implemented better.

But it's a defining characteristic of the predator species, and should carry over to some degree.

"These are dreads man, truly dreads".

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on May 14, 2019, 02:21:39 AM
"These are dreads man, truly dreads".

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Definitely pro-dread, I think they look cool and they're really easy visual shorthand that it's a Predalien.

Hudson

Hudson

The mouth is the first thing I see that defines the PredAlien for me. No dreads.

Trying to think of my favorite design but I don't really know. *gets on google*

SiL

SiL

As a matter of preference, no, but I don't mind them when they're well done -- which was once, with Dorman's art and the AvP: War variant.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 13, 2019, 07:54:26 PM

Why they didn't show this feature off more in the movie I don't know, it's awesome.

Immortan Jonesy

As boring as it sounds I would like a design that is not so far from Giger's Alien and without dreadlocks. That said, I only want the Predator's mandibles as a legacy.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

^ second that.

JokersWarPig

I don't despise the dread look, but it doesn't "need" them imo.
The problem with Chets look was the head was a bit to small which made them more pronounced than they needed to be

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed