[Exclusive] The Predator Is Coming To Calgary! Predator 5/Skulls Slated To Begin

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 12, 2021, 06:11:47 AM

Author
[Exclusive] The Predator Is Coming To Calgary! Predator 5/Skulls Slated To Begin (Read 95,072 times)

Scalptaker

Sweet, I was really disappointed with the last one.  I'm looking forward to a hard hitting back to the roots movie.  I have read a few books and am a lifetime fan.  Saw the original in the dollar theatre.  We went back several times.

ace3g

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 15, 2021, 12:14:22 PM
I hope they put that scenery to good use! That is frigging gorgeous!

Again as I mentioned before, with Jason Nolan being the Location Manager for the film who was also the "LM" for The Revenant, I no longer worry about the set locations for this film.

If they decide to use actors with Parkour background again, I hope they better utilize that skill-set with this beautiful terrain.   

Voodoo Magic

Indeed!

Quote from: Master on Apr 15, 2021, 06:42:07 PM
Great! Thanks for heads up guys.

And as mentioned in the article, a super thanks also to ace3g and Whos_Nick for the social media scoops!  :)

HumanPredator

Also in other news predator and predator 2 are making their way to hulu.  Big news if u ask me.

Whos_Nick

Lost_Hunter

Lost_Hunter

I was wondering what happened on that front, wasn't the rights supposed to revert back to the Thomas brothers last year, or this year? Hope they win big. Good luck.

Alberta, Calgary, Bannf are awesome! Beautiful, great location for a Predator/ Native American story. Never seen soo many Bears. Not really the right setting for the Comanche. They're more of a Southwest, High Planes kinda vibe. We'll see.

Have no faith in John Davis or ADI for this one. Good find guys.

I am looking forward to this not being made at Fox tho

Enjoy

I hope this film can make the whole being hunted and chased thing scary. some  fun to watch battle scenes would be nice with the warriors and elders being killed off.
I am looking forward to seeing a  chase on horsback.  Also a horse would make a good engine for a  weapon against a predator if you ran at a predator and clubed him in the head at full speed. I think a teen could kill a predator like that or with a well placed arrow in the eye.

The locations look great.

426Buddy

426Buddy

The Thomas bros must have finally watched The Predator  :laugh:

Enjoy

Every predator film since predator 2 has lacked being a good film from start to finish.

Master

That sounds good, almost too good to be truth. Thomas Brothers should win with this one and win big for all the justice in the world. I`m all for the original creators to have rights to their creation. Just look at George Lucas!!!... No, wait a minute...

goose_3387

If Skulls gets cancelled then I feel for Dan and all the team involved in the process so far (they seem really hyped over it) however the positives being that John Davis and ADI might never be involved with a Predator film again.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Master on Apr 16, 2021, 08:46:33 AM
That sounds good, almost too good to be truth. Thomas Brothers should win with this one and win big for all the justice in the world. I`m all for the original creators to have rights to their creation. Just look at George Lucas!!!... No, wait a minute...

Just wait until Ridley Scott gets his hands on Alien again! No, wait a minute....

Well, just wait until James Cameron gets his hands on Terminator again! Then you'll be... No, wait a minute...

;D

I love all those guys, and unabashedly love the Thomas Brothers even more, but something sweet inside these creatives can definitely sour over time, that's for certain. That's the risk.

Now, you tell me the Thomas brothers have unproduced Predator scripts decades old, maybe a full unrealized Predator 3 period-piece script featuring that beloved flintlock on the shelf, perhaps written in 1990 or 1991?  Then yes please! By all means! Make that!

It is relevant to note that when the Thomas brothers teased the ending of Predator 2 in 1990 interviews as possibly setting up a third film, they did say that they were (among others) offered a chance to direct Predator 3. So who knows how far they got scriptwise in relation to that potential offer.

Doomofman

Damn this news is a bit of a bummer... After the Disney acquisition of Fox and how terrible The Predator was I assumed we wouldn't see another Predator movie for a long time, then when the Skulls stuff kicked into gear I started getting at least a little optimistic only to have it ripped away again with this news.

Really hope it doesn't get stuck in legal hell like Friday the 13th

BlueMarsalis79

I genuinely think if each one of them wanted to bury their respective properties I can respect that, I don't know how the Thomas Bros think, but I can believe James Cameron wants that, and as for Sir Ridley Scott he thinks Alien ought to be big as Star Wars...

TomT

Quote from: Master on Apr 16, 2021, 08:46:33 AMJust look at George Lucas!!!... No, wait a minute...
To be fair, Disney managed to make prequels look good in comparison with their movies.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed