Aliens: Another Glorious Day in the Corps - A Cooperative Board Game

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2018, 08:13:35 AM

Author
Aliens: Another Glorious Day in the Corps - A Cooperative Board Game (Read 35,904 times)

[cancerblack]

Honestly I'm looking into it. I have a dropship that realistically, is too much of a chore for me to ever assemble, and a fresh sprue of cloaked predators, and if people want to pay me hundreds of quid for those, I'd be stupid not to take them up on it.

Eighty-Five

Eighty-Five

No judgement on the sellers, really. While it makes me a little sad that I'll probably never get most of these things now, it's the buyers with more money than sense that make it possible. Can't hate guys for wanting to get the best price they can, because ultimately I have the same attitude, just from a buyer's perspective :P

I've managed to nab a few Prodos bits at near-retail prices so I'm not too bitter about it. Even got the Adepticon '17 alien which is a lovely sulpt.

[cancerblack]

Yeah, I'd have just held onto those items if the prices weren't getting so crazy, but times are tough and if I can get something roughly equivalent to 600 pounds just for those two...

Eighty-Five

I'd advise checking what those things actually sell for before getting your hopes up btw. I just know the prices I've seen listings at. Idk how often/if ever people actually buy those kits. I'm still trying to sell a 2009 space hulk box set for considerably less than the average price after like a month.

[cancerblack]

I know a guy who's sold a few sets of the cloaked preds, one went for 300 pounds but the rest were a lot lower, you have to get lucky about buyers upping each other. I know for a fact that the dropships do move at that price too, as silly as it is.

SiL

Next time someone sees cloaked Predators for sale at a ridiculous price let me know, I'll undercut the whole market with some that I won and absolutely do not want to be responsible for.

[cancerblack]

Can you do it after I sell mine?

I really need the cash...

Corporal Hicks

Gave up on getting one from my FLGS and have ordered from a different store that I know managed to get Shevvie his copy.

[cancerblack]

Still no word on, or charge for, either of the supposedly successful orders I placed directly from GF9.

Eighty-Five

Eighty-Five

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Feb 26, 2021, 11:42:11 AM
Still no word on, or charge for, either of the supposedly successful orders I placed directly from GF9.

That's nuts. Have you emailed them about it?

In other news, GF9's APC has no interior detail but I suspect it's still a much cheaper option than anything else in the same scale. Saw a bunch of guys shitting all over it on fb and idk why really.

How often is anyone actually gonna use the interior detail for gaming? A solid model will be more robust and easier to put together, which is a lot better on the tabletop imo.

Maybe they're just lowkey bitter that they shelled out hundreds for Prodos ones.

Dingbat

Hello,

On a forum I was previously a member of, we used to do this thing called a forum battle, where one player would host the game and others would select an army or character and then send in orders via PM. The Main guy would then carry out those orders and post new pictures and so on.

I would very much like to buy this game, when I do, would anyone here be interested in doing a "forum battle" of the missions it contains?

Corporal Hicks

My copy of the game and the expansions has finally shipped!!!

Hemi

Got mine today! (birthday)

Reminds me a lot of the "Doom" boardgame design-wise, though I don't have much experience with this stuff. Looks really good imo. Print is ace. Figurines you need to assemble yourself. It looks like a ton of fun. Ill post a review when we get the chance to play it.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Shevvie came around last night and we finally got to try a game! First try we got our asses kicked, second try through went a little too easy so think we may have cheated somehow! But it's a good game. Really tense! The second mission in particular just got mental - so many ping tokens behind us as we were legging it to the APC! Looking forward to playing some more of this!

Some pics -

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 02, 2021, 08:32:48 AM
Shevvie came around last night and we finally got to try a game! First try we got our asses kicked, second try through went a little too easy so think we may have cheated somehow! But it's a good game. Really tense! The second mission in particular just got mental - so many ping tokens behind us as we were legging it to the APC! Looking forward to playing some more of this!

Some pics -

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Finally getting to try out Another Glorious Day in the Corps!! Finish attempt ended in disaster!!! <a href="https://t.co/lHC1TderN9">pic.twitter.com/lHC1TderN9</a></p>— Aaron Percival (@_CorporalHicks) <a href="https://twitter.com/_CorporalHicks/status/1421638454086193153?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 1, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Will you be painting those pieces?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed