Prey Producer Talks Franchise Future and Possible New AVP Film!

Started by RidgeTop, Aug 18, 2022, 04:57:52 AM

Author
Prey Producer Talks Franchise Future and Possible New AVP Film! (Read 22,058 times)

OpenMaw

I really, truly, hope they'll go back to the classic creature designs if they do another AVP. Something akin to a mix of City Hunter/Jungle Hunter vs Big Chap. Do it right, do it well.

Like or dislike Feral Predator I do think, even though i'm not a fan of the face design, it actually looks better than The Predator or any of the AVP predator faces.(Wolf only gets a pass because we can't see him. Yes I made that joke, and no I'm not sorry about it at all. I'll be here all night folks.)

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: OpenMaw on Sep 15, 2022, 02:47:33 AMI really, truly, hope they'll go back to the classic creature designs if they do another AVP. Something akin to a mix of City Hunter/Jungle Hunter vs Big Chap. Do it right, do it well.

This!  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: OpenMaw on Sep 15, 2022, 02:47:33 AMI really, truly, hope they'll go back to the classic creature designs if they do another AVP. Something akin to a mix of City Hunter/Jungle Hunter vs Big Chap. Do it right, do it well.

Agreed. From a purely visual point of view, to actually see the classic designs to go at it would be so satisfying. The concept has existing so long, since all we had were those very early designs, I think it'd be such a rush to actually get that nostalgic pay-off.

426Buddy

I wish they would released that animated AvP...

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Random, but I wonder if they'd ever look into anime maybe (separate from a live-action film of course).

I say this because I liked Star Wars: Visions and am hoping LotR: War of Rohirrim is good, I've also seen the anime adaptation of Cyberpunk has been popular (perhaps even more so than the game itself).

SiL

They did at one point but it got canned.

Crazy Rich

Never heard of that actually.

I found stuff dated in 2020 just about it being produced for Netflix but has remained unreleased.

SiL

That's the one.

PAS Spinelli

If a new AvP does come, I hope it stops jerking off the Pred like almost every piece of AvP Media ever.

OpenMaw

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Sep 29, 2022, 01:55:07 AMIf a new AvP does come, I hope it stops jerking off the Pred like almost every piece of AvP Media ever.

Could you elaborate on that a bit?

BigDaddyJohn

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: OpenMaw on Sep 29, 2022, 02:19:37 PM
Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Sep 29, 2022, 01:55:07 AMIf a new AvP does come, I hope it stops jerking off the Pred like almost every piece of AvP Media ever.

Could you elaborate on that a bit?
Unsure how much clearer I could be, in 11/10 AvP media the aliens are treated like trash and the Predators like gods, with the exception being worthless plot device preds just made to die

OpenMaw

I mean the first AVP film had two preds die by the hands of one alien. The first AVP comic had several of the young Predator's getting basically annihlated by the aliens, and it was only Broken Tusk who really demonstrated prowess against the aliens.(Because he was very well trained and experienced.)

I would say what you're describing is actually more of a great Aliens EU problem than just the AVP comics. Predators are by classical definition "badass." That's their whole thing. They're all a bout manhood and ritual and they connect with the audience on that level. Which is why we get a lot of the confused adoration of Predator characters versus the Alien which is strictly on the other side of "Us vs Them."

I was more curious to hear what you would actually like to see done in terms of the characterization of the two creatures.

PAS Spinelli

Like I said, those are worthless plotdevice Preds there only to die.
 When a Predator dies in AVP, it never looks like it's because the Aliens are dangerous, it's never because a Xenomorph outwits, overwhelms or beats the Predator, but because that specific Predator was stupid, Broken Tusk's party being rebellious dumb teens too busy murdering civilians to realize their incoming demise, Celtic being an idiot who was beating Grid around the entire fight only to then let himself die because he forgot acid was a thing, the crew at the start of Requiem shooting explosive weapons inside a ship.
 Hell, the whole setup of most AvP stories treats aliens as a joke, being bred to be killed by Predators, downright insulting.

An AvP story should treat both sides with respect, make both menacing, make both seem like equals, not be a one sided mess that is essentially a Predator being thrown into an Alien movie and killing everyone except the writer's pet.

[cancerblack]

I think one way to achieve that is to throw all the film and EU lore out the window and have the Predators genuinely surprised and backfooted by the existence of the Aliens.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed