Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 277,633 times)

Voodoo Magic

I'm personally very excited and just going at this as optimistic as I can be. :)

Xiggz456

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 26, 2020, 05:11:47 PM
Quote from: Xiggz456 on Dec 23, 2020, 10:45:16 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 23, 2020, 10:27:01 PM
Still pretty bummed about Salvador Larocca doing the art on this, though. :-\

We may see some of this with Bishop but Larroca is still a solid artist and has a very dynamic style that I think will work great for Alien.

Even if it is just for the new Bishop model, I really don't want to see any of this at all honestly.

The fact that Giger's non-Alien art is going to factor into this book is incredibly exciting to me. The fact that it might turn out to just be traced Giger art? Not so exciting!

So now you're just assuming that everything will be traced  ??? come on dude you're coming across like you're just looking for
something to complain about. There's only one possible character that this can happen with meaning the rest of the characters (and the rest of each and every panel) will be original art.

What I'm more excited about is that we have an artist who met 54 consecutive monthly deadlines with the Star Wars ongoing. Meaning no more monthly delays between issues which Dark Horse was so notorious for.

Kradan

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Dec 26, 2020, 08:18:10 PM
What I'm more excited about is that we have an artist who met 54 consecutive monthly deadlines with the Star Wars ongoing. Meaning no more monthly delays between issues which Dark Horse was so notorious for.

But what about, you know

Spoiler
quality ?
[close]

Xiggz456

Don't worry he's a really good artist who brings a lot of movement to his panels which is perfect for comics!

Nightmare Asylum

I'm not looking for something to complain about. I'm complaining about things that I'm seeing that I don't like, and speculating based off of that. Obviously, I would absolutely love to be wrong. But we haven't seen a single panel of art for this project yet, and his past tracing habits are really all I have to go off of.

And I really don't care about delays, if it is in service of giving the involved parties more time to put their best work out there.

Xiggz456

His past tracing habits of actors' faces leads you to speculate that he's going to trace everything is the leap that has me puzzled. In fact he doesn't even always use the photoshopped faces and draws his own on many a panel.

Nightmare Asylum

Because even one instance of something like this is too much, honestly. If you're the artist hired to do a comic.... then do art for the comic. Marvel has Disney dollars, they can hire some really fantastic artists. They do it often. The comic I've obsessed the most over in the last few years (Silver Surfer Black) is a Marvel title, and the art there is gorgeous.

Between Larocca's history, the Greg Land Omnibus cover, and the copious amounts of traced artwork in Titan's 40th Anniversary art book... it is kind of hard to think differently. This has been the norm with Alien artwork as of late, and that honestly bums me out.

Like I said, I'd love to be wrong and I would love for this to be great. The synopsis of this comic sounds pretty good. I'm probably going to grab issue one. But I think my reservations right now make some sense and aren't just me complaining for the sake of it.

Perfect-Organism

We may see some of this with Bishop but Larroca is still a solid artist and has a very dynamic style that I think will work great for Alien.

Even if it is just for the new Bishop model, I really don't want to see any of this at all honestly.

The fact that Giger's non-Alien art is going to factor into this book is incredibly exciting to me. The fact that it might turn out to just be traced Giger art? Not so exciting!

So now you're just assuming that everything will be traced  ??? come on dude you're coming across like you're just looking for
something to complain about. There's only one possible character that this can happen with meaning the rest of the characters (and the rest of each and every panel) will be original art.

I'll take delays any day if it means a superior product.  The original Aliens series was notoriously delayed and it was perfect!  I don't need my Aliens comics mass-manufactured.

Xiggz456

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Dec 26, 2020, 09:16:21 PM

I'll take delays any day if it means a superior product.  The original Aliens series was notoriously delayed and it was perfect!  I don't need my Aliens comics mass-manufactured.

I'm quite confident that Larroca will do a fine job whilst still meeting deadlines.

Nightmare Asylum

Thinking about Dead Orbit and how much I absolutely loved the art style there and honestly, I have zero qualms whatsoever about issues constantly getting delayed on that to give Stokoe the time to really do his thing.

SM

SM

I wasn't really aware of Larocca one way or the other but I was talking to someone the other day who is and went a looked him up, and, well, not impressed to say the least.

Kimarhi

SM when you gonna pitch your Alien story to Marvel?

Kradan

He already did. It was too SMart for them

Voodoo Magic

It was an orgaSMic read.

Kradan

You can even call it phantaSMagoric

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed