Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 273,367 times)

Nukiemorph

Well the aliens that were running around the space station were already lacking goat horns and centipede legs despite coming from the alpha...

(I still don't know if this is an oversight or if the scientists were able to strip the goat DNA and reset it to make pure aliens... which seems contrived just for the sake of showing classic xenos.)

But it would make even less sense if they suddenly had the goat traits back after infecting the old fashioned planet.

BlueMarsalis79

Like everything in this run that's not some good covers.

TilotnyWorshiper28

Quote from: judge death on Jan 08, 2022, 03:30:42 AM
Question to those who read the marvel alien comics:

Since the space station was destroyed and the xenos onboard infected that old fashioned planet in the new arch::
1: Does the xenos have traits of the goat dna that we saw them have earlier in the first arch? Or traits of the experimented alpha xeno?
2: Does the facehuggers have the centerpide legs along its body and tail still?
different spaceship infected the old fashioned planet

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, the whole DNA angle of the initial run wasn't clear. Originally I thought the Alpha's different appearance was due to it coming from a Goat-Queen, but then everything coming from the Alpha was largely "typical" and we saw a couple of Runners but that's easily worked away with them using livestock as hosts too. So...yeah...it's just unclear.

As Tilotny says though, the Aliens in the new arc have (as far as we know so far) nothing to do with the outbreak on the station.

judge death

Aha okay thanks, well still find it odd that they decide to declare they will use new type of xenos and that they keep more and more dna and change etc as you point out, and now wipe the sheet clear and use normal xenos....Well its better in my eyes but that just make me wonder as its a ongoing series: xenos seem to exist everywhere and drop in xD

Was mostly curious if they were related to the ones in the spacestation the facehuggers should then have had those centerpide legs as they showed all of them having it through the first volume,so would been weird and breaking marvels own logic if that disappeared, but now I have the answer on that and that they arent related. :)

Engineer

They might be related... WY sent a ship to the planet filled with aliens, but they never said where they got those aliens from. Could be that they were bred on the space station from the first story arc... or maybe they're completely unrelated...

Hence why I was saying I don't even think the writer knows the answer himself...

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: judge death on Jan 10, 2022, 07:29:42 PM
Aha okay thanks, well still find it odd that they decide to declare they will use new type of xenos and that they keep more and more dna and change etc as you point out, and now wipe the sheet clear and use normal xenos....Well its better in my eyes but that just make me wonder as its a ongoing series: xenos seem to exist everywhere and drop in xD

Was mostly curious if they were related to the ones in the spacestation the facehuggers should then have had those centerpide legs as they showed all of them having it through the first volume,so would been weird and breaking marvels own logic if that disappeared, but now I have the answer on that and that they arent related. :)

I struggled with a lot of logic in this first arc. What's up with the DNA reflex when the chestburster is removed from Gabriel, but still has traits of the goat? Yet this goat trait persistance didn't happen across the board with other hosts? (Answer: Alien with Devil Horns looks cool!) How did Iris die slowly from a single impact blow, yet I've seen David survive as a decapitated head? Why is Granddather and Granddaughter living on board the space station that is orbiting Earth? We've seen space travel today. In the future they could visit a station orbiting Earth in no time, no living accommodations are necessary. Etc., etc...

So yeah, this arc was a tough one for me to get through.

*-edited for grammar

Bughuntwilson

Quote from: Engineer on Jan 10, 2022, 08:19:40 PM
They might be related... WY sent a ship to the planet filled with aliens, but they never said where they got those aliens from. Could be that they were bred on the space station from the first story arc... or maybe they're completely unrelated...

Hence why I was saying I don't even think the writer knows the answer himself...

I think these new aliens come from a cat at the end of issue 6

Corporal Hicks

HuDaFuK

I made the mistake of commenting about the continued blatant tracing on Facebook and apparently I'm being "rude".

SiL

SiL

He doesn't even pose them nicely. Neca Aliens have plenty of articulation.

HuDaFuK

That's what really winds me up, the way so many of these traced toys are just awkwardly plonked into the scene like a bad cut-and-paste job. They don't even feel like an organic part of the scenery.

He's now deleted the post :laugh:

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

As has become usual, the cover is great, the rest... not so much

The panel with the silhouettes is terrible even just compared to the rest of the preview.

Also if they must go the heavy reference route, at least have some consistency. It just keeps on swapping between NECA and Hot Toys which have different looks.

It's a shame because the rural cornfield setting on another world makes for something unique and different.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 15, 2022, 11:52:53 AM
I made the mistake of commenting about the continued blatant tracing on Facebook and apparently I'm being "rude".

"Know your place, you filthy Alien fan and please continue to blindly and without questioning consume our product"

Engineer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 15, 2022, 11:52:53 AM
Never.
Stop.
Talking.
About.
It.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed