Predator: If It Bleeds - New Predator Anthology

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 02, 2016, 03:47:44 PM

Author
Predator: If It Bleeds - New Predator Anthology (Read 121,169 times)

SM

Comics can and do often go deeper into people's heads.  From memory, Bloody Sands of Time has a narration by the main guy.

EJA

Quote from: SM on Oct 18, 2016, 09:04:01 PM
Comics can and do often go deeper into people's heads.  From memory, Bloody Sands of Time has a narration by the main guy.

True. Bloody Sands of Time is one of my favorite Predator spin-off stories.

Kaltes

Same here.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: SM on Oct 18, 2016, 09:04:01 PM

That's true, I think it depends on a person's preference as well as the comic or novel in question. Comics can certainly be very useful in helping people visualize what the world is like while novels try to guide you into imagining it instead which leads to everyone's own interpretation when reading a novel which I find fascinating. Sometimes when I re-read a page from a novel, something new pops up in my imagination that I never considered before. While in a comic, it's more fixed and linear.

I enjoyed Blood Sands of Time, it had a very good narrative story. Something like that also leaves a lot for you to imagine and speculate upon what isn't shown on panel which I also like.

Corporal Hicks

A little info about Tim Lebbon's entry in this Anthology:

QuoteI'm writing a DevilDogs/Akoko Halley story for that anthology.  It's set before the Rage War and takes place when she's a Captain, during her early life in the Colonial Marines.

Kaltes

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 20, 2016, 08:13:43 AM

QuoteI'm writing a DevilDogs/Akoko Halley story for that anthology.  It's set before the Rage War and takes place when she's a Captain, during her early life in the Colonial Marines.

Oooh, sounds good. :)

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 20, 2016, 08:13:43 AM

Super exciting!

Corporal Hicks

I've been told to expect the cover and title for this anthology soon.

Kaltes

Oooh, that's good to know. Really looking forward to this.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 23, 2016, 10:45:22 AM
I've been told to expect the cover and title for this anthology soon.

Awesome!

felix

We have a new Predator novel in Oct 2017 - "Predator: if It Bleeds" by Bryan Thomas Schmidt
https://www.amazon.com/dp/178565540X/ref=sr_1_9?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1485123339&sr=1-9&keywords=movie+tie+in

The Alien Predator

I wonder what the story of that one will be.

Ultramorph

I believe that's the anthology.

The Alien Predator

Did we hear the title revealed earlier or is this recent? I can't remember if we have heard it before but I have a deja vu feeling that we have. XD

Ultramorph

I've seen it on Twitter, not sure if I've seen it here. It's the "If It Bleeds" one, though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed