Dark Horse Announces "Predator: Life and Death" (FaS-style Crossover)

Started by Ultramorph, Dec 11, 2015, 12:07:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces "Predator: Life and Death" (FaS-style Crossover) (Read 136,455 times)

Born Of Cold Light

I wonder if we are going to see other parts of Predator society.  They can't all be hunters.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: predxeno on Dec 11, 2015, 08:38:29 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 11, 2015, 08:30:55 AM
Based on Elden's reaction to the Predators in Fire and Stone, I don't believe they're going down the road of the Engineers being the progenitors of the Predators. I do prefer that the Engineers not be single handedly responsible for every single variation of life in the galaxy.

Elden seemed to think to say that all life was created by the Engineers including the Predators, although this could just be him guessing and making assumptions.

He never says all life. He just says they created life. He specifically says to the Predators he doesn't know what they are.

predxeno

predxeno

It's been awhile since I read it but I'll take your word for it; I'm not going to bother going back to re-read it, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. :(

Corporal Hicks

I checked before replying to you.

RakaiThwei

Was it ever explained how Elden knew all of that in terms of the Engineers creating many lifeforms, or was that something done entirely off panel and left to the viewer to explain for themselves whether or not he was experiencing delusions of grandeur?

happypred

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 11, 2015, 08:30:55 AM
I'm still a little underwhelmed by Fire and Stone as a whole as it felt like it ultimately went no-where.
Definitely nowhere near as disappoiting as Three World War (in my opinion)...but felt like it didn't have a strong focus

Quote from: happypred on Dec 11, 2015, 05:54:26 AM
Hope Ahab is in this
The F&S Predator series was fantastic and I loved Ahab!

Indeed...really liked Mooneyham's interior predator art

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Dec 11, 2015, 07:43:29 PM
Does anyone know when this will be set in the timeline? Would it be decades after Fire and Stone? Or shortly after?

Nope, no word yet beyond what CBR revealed, though if I were to speculate, I would point out that the Marine's uniforms and weapons look Aliens-era. So maybe 22nd-23rd century?

It will be interesting to see how connected this winds up being to FaS. My gut feeling is that this will stand apart from it. I can't wait until we learn more. 2016 and 2017 are shaping up to be good years for the fandom.  ;D

Also found an AvP piece from Brian Thies on his Deviant Art.
http://brianthies.deviantart.com/gallery/

happypred

Pred looks suitably sleek and athletic...Xeno proportions look right

Ultramorph

Anyone else notice that the Predator in the preview image is wearing a Kenner-style Lava Planet mask, complete with tusks? I like the reference, and how we get some other interesting takes on the Preds.
Spoiler

[close]

Liberator

Sounds great!  This could be really suspenseful, and action-packed.

happypred

Quote from: Ultramorph on Dec 13, 2015, 07:56:50 PM
Anyone else notice that the Predator in the preview image is wearing a Kenner-style Lava Planet mask, complete with tusks? I like the reference, and how we get some other interesting takes on the Preds.
Spoiler

[close]

Hmm...kinda

His mask is partially obscured

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Ultramorph on Dec 13, 2015, 07:56:50 PM
Spoiler

[close]

I do love seeing a variety in the masks and I do see what you mean.

happypred

Just re-read Predator F&S...definitely a solid, entertaining little miniseries but still felt there was so much untapped potential. F&S deserves a sequel or even a prequel. It needs to lead...somewhere. I also feel that a large multi-miniseries event would benefit from being helmed by a single creative lead.

I hope Dan Abnett isn't just doing the Predator portion...but it looks like he is?

Aliens Defiance is tied to Predator Life and Death?

HuDaFuK

Quote from: happypred on Dec 14, 2015, 10:39:17 AMI hope Dan Abnett isn't just doing the Predator portion...but it looks like he is?

The way it was phrased, talking about Abnett "leading" the creative team, makes me think he will be involved in at least the majority of the releases. Although I guess they could just be talking in chronological terms.

Quote from: happypred on Dec 14, 2015, 10:39:17 AMAliens Defiance is tied to Predator Life and Death?

They haven't said, and I would've thought they'd mention it if it was the case.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 14, 2015, 10:43:55 AM
The way it was phrased, talking about Abnett "leading" the creative team, makes me think he will be involved in at least the majority of the releases.

That was my assumption as well. We'll find out soon enough, I guess.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 14, 2015, 10:43:55 AM
They haven't said, and I would've thought they'd mention it if it was the case.

Perhaps Tristian could enlighten us?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed