Yautja vs Hish?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 19, 2006, 05:29:28 PM

Which conception of the Predators do you prefer more? Yautja or Hish?

Yautja
Hish
Author
Yautja vs Hish? (Read 73,263 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

This is something I'm interested in hearing. The fans of Steve Perry's AvP novels seem to hate this novel, while others like it. Personally I like both versions and would happily except the Hish.

What are you thoughts?

Darkness

Darkness

Okay, what are the Hish?

Since I've never read a novel, I don't know.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The Hish are DH Press' version of the Predators.

Darkness

Darkness

What's different about them?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Different society, different backstories and etc.

Sealink

Sealink

One has a basis in canon, the other one doesn't :D

Sara

Sara

Oh, how I must concur with thee!  Simplest answer.  Best to KISS these things now and then...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Sealink on Dec 20, 2006, 01:16:10 AM
One has a basis in canon, the other one doesn't :D

Because the Hish hunt for joy, you mean?

DB

DB

This:
Quote from: bobgreenberger on Dec 21, 2006, 02:46:00 PMI'd like to think fans of the first film will find our book satisfying.

And this:
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 20, 2006, 12:43:58 PM
Because the Hish hunt for joy, you mean?

Have made me curious about the Hish. It sounds as if they are more like the original Predator. A welcome change from the annoying space samurai Predators. What novels are the Hish in, again?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The Hish throws out all the honor stuff mentioned in Prey/War and has it down to the Predator's just enjoying hunting and etc-Which I'm sure doesn't conflict directly with cannon. It was never specifically stated that they have honor.

It's in Forever Midnight - http://www.avpgalaxy.net/literature.php?section=novelpredatorfm

DB

DB

Cool. Thanks for the link and review, mate!

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 21, 2006, 06:27:11 PMThe Hish throws out all the honor stuff mentioned in Prey/War and has it down to the Predator's just enjoying hunting and etc-Which I'm sure doesn't conflict directly with cannon.

That doesn't conflict with canon at all. It just means that they are like the original Predator. Which is certainly a good thing. :D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's a good book. I enjoyed it - as my review shows  :P

SonOfTheDark

SonOfTheDark

Well, if thats the only decisive change why didn't they just say that there are so many Bad Bloods out there, that they formed their own society and called themselves Hish, but there would still be Yautjas out there as well, who hunt with honor and by certain rules? So they could have both and wouldn't be limited by just one typ of hunting philosophy...

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

I don't know but the John Shirley's Hish sound more like Halo's Covenant each time I compare them. they both take over planets, incorparate their slave's technology, and hate humans.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Unlike the Covenant, the Hish are thinking of turning us into slaves.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed