Dark Horse Comics Announces Aliens: Colonial Marines: Rising Threat!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 13, 2019, 02:32:05 PM

Author
Dark Horse Comics Announces Aliens: Colonial Marines: Rising Threat! (Read 60,557 times)

SM

QuoteThat is a whole lot of soft targets to go after. 

Unless they repeal the second amendment - maybe not completely soft.  ;D

Whiskeybrewer

Didnt the Special "The Alien" say that the Space Jockey cut the lines to some bombs or neutured the Nukes?

Local Trouble

SM

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 04, 2019, 09:00:27 PM
Didnt the Special "The Alien" say that the Space Jockey cut the lines to some bombs or neutured the Nukes?

Yeah I think they ended just being really big explosions minus the radioactive fall out.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Jul 04, 2019, 09:26:21 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 04, 2019, 09:00:27 PM

Yeah I think they ended just being really big explosions minus the radioactive fall out.

Indeed...

Spoiler
[close]

Come to think of it, isn't that a giant retcon?

SM

That's certainly how it comes across.

Perfect-Organism

I see the Verheiden series sort of like I see Gibson's Alien 3 now.  One more draft and it would have been perfect.  I mean, if that whole scene where the woman morphs into an Alien were more along the lines of Fifield, I wouldn't have any problems with it.  But that's a revision that should have taken place.  In the same way, many aspects of the Verheiden series could be fine-tuned to work with the current prequels and the core ideas of the relationship between Hicks, Newt and Ripley, as well as the earth infestation and the home world discovery, still would work the best.

Local Trouble

SM

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 04, 2019, 10:58:12 PM
I see the Verheiden series sort of like I see Gibson's Alien 3 now.  One more draft and it would have been perfect.  I mean, if that whole scene where the woman morphs into an Alien were more along the lines of Fifield, I wouldn't have any problems with it.  But that's a revision that should have taken place.  In the same way, many aspects of the Verheiden series could be fine-tuned to work with the current prequels and the core ideas of the relationship between Hicks, Newt and Ripley, as well as the earth infestation and the home world discovery, still would work the best.

I think the comics needed more than one draft.  There's the whole concept of both Ripley and Hicks abandoning Newt to an asylum, that's not satisfactorily resolved.  Hicks didn't even visit her once in 10 years.  That said, the first two series are among the best of any comic series, and the story of Earth War is adequate enough.

All told I do prefer the Alien 3 we got, but it's far from what everyone wanted.

Local Trouble

It's worth noting that Alien 3 didn't prevent us from getting that.  It ended Ripley's story, but left the universe rife with possibilities.

Perfect-Organism

Yah, great video.  Thanks for that.

The Old One

The Old One

Evidently; the anti-Alien Theory plagiarism campaign isn't effective.

Perfect-Organism

What is this campaign you speak of?  I really don't know.

426Buddy

Heh i didnt even realize that was Alien Theory, shame on me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed