PredAlien Spoilers / AvP Ending

Started by Darkness, Jun 29, 2004, 08:55:13 PM

Author
PredAlien Spoilers / AvP Ending (Read 26,411 times)

Darkness

Darkness

It wasn’t long after I posted about the AvP Novelization that I received an email containing major spoilers about the PredAlien and the ending of Alien vs Predator. A person by the name of Gr8Kabuki visited his local book store and read the ending of the book. Anyway, I’ve posted what he had to say on the next page but be warned, if the book’s ending is exactly like the film’s ending, half of fans will be happy while half will be disappointed.

*** Spoilers Below ***

“As rumored it looks like there won’t be an appearance by anything but the predburster and then we may not see actually see it. The novel ends with the farewell of Lex and the sole predator survivor who departs back to his planet. Then it skips to a one page epilog describing Scar’s body laying in state on the ship. The author describes the predator’s grey skin moving as something is preparing to burst out. The book ends there.”

“I can’t believe that I am now in even more suspense than before. It’s possible that the writer was instructed not to fully do the final reveal or he may have written directly from the shooting script …generally this is the case. We’ll see in 6 weeks but I can’t believe that with all of the other evidence that we’ve seen , this will be the stinger that Henrikson described. Something was in that box marked hybrid in Prague.”

*** Spoilers Over ***

Well, there you go. He does have a point that the author may have been instructed to not reveal what really happens and let’s not forgot Paul Anderson did say there will be a hybrid in the film. I suppose this also backs up what Lance Henriksen said at the convention about the film leading off for a sequel.

Whinox

Whinox

Well, there could be two. One during the film and the other at the end.

BuGzStOmPeR

BuGzStOmPeR

Alright there,  Well lets hope the film is better than the novel version !  BuGz   8)  

Galmorzu

Galmorzu

Ha HA!  I called it even before I ever saw the concept art.  Actually, I do think the book will be different from the movie in this case as a shocker for the viewers when they see this thing pop out on screen.  But still, I pretty musc figure this it how it would go down...er, pop out as the case may be.  He he.     :D  

Alien Emperor

Alien Emperor

hmm...i hope the movie dont ends like that.

Maurice "HopeOfTheFuture" Huijs

Maurice "HopeOfTheFuture" Huijs

So Scar is the one to be facehugged.... interesting. I can't wait for the movie & novel. So we only get to see the PredAlien in Chestburster form? Not a grown-up one? That's too bad.

superego13itch

superego13itch

I'd much prefer the book ending, rather than see a predalien in the movie. That would be unbelievably cool, to leave the theatre in anticipation of actually seeing a predalien in the sequel. Like Ridley Scott said when talking of a possible Alien 5 "The creature has to change, its essential to keep a sense of surprise and not knowing what to expect." If they show a Predalien in the first movie, what's to come in the sequel thats bigger, better, cooler and more deadly? They need to make sure they don't play all their cards at once.

Alien Emperor

Alien Emperor

But, how do we know it will be a predburster, they show only the pred has a little bit pain in his chest, we dont see it come out. Maybe it will be a normal chestburster.

Reckless

Reckless

If they are successful wit the first AvP movie, they should make the sqeul to correspond with AvP2 game, something with futuristic weapons, and shitty now-a-day crap, i want a fantasie movie, not a stupid "reality"

Shadow

Shadow

To anyone who has read the book. How many Predators are there? Three or Five? That is all I need (rather wan't) to know.

Alien Emperor

Alien Emperor

i've got a predalien theory: Ok, the preds want to make a worthy opponent, but they see theirselfs as "the" opponent so they picked an alien egg, and injected some Yautja DNA with a sort of protein, that would make the egg in the facehugger infected with Yautja DNA, so they kept it in their small on-board lab, but something gone wrong so that thing bust out and hugged the Scar-pred, and voila the predalien hybrid thing. good story?   ;D  

ianyarnell

ianyarnell

Noooooo!! The film better not be the same as this, I just read a tiny bit of the ending and I really regret it.

Sam04je

Sam04je

This is a really good idea i think, because if there is a predalien chestburster at the End. the sequel is going to be hell of movie!

Alien Emperor

Alien Emperor

I really hope the sequel is set in the future for some 75 years or something.

J

J

I think that Superego13itch (damn) is right all the way. If I (we) don't get to see the predator - alien fully grown it may only mean that it WILL appear in the sequel ( perhaps it being a pred - alien queen), you need to keep surprising the audience other wise it will be just plain, preditable material.  All of you have a great understanding of what the movie will bring, this film could be to the sequel as Alien was to Aliens ( but with predators fighting along side marines, or each other  who knows) !   8)  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed