#AlienDay 2018

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 29, 2018, 02:54:25 PM

Author
#AlienDay 2018 (Read 50,654 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Figured we'd best get one of these threads going!

We've got Alien: The Cold Forge and Aliens: Dust to Dust #1 being released.

Dane Hallett is announcing something - most likely his and Matt Hatton's David's Diary book.

Eaglemoss are doing a competition (US only): https://shop.eaglemoss.com/usa/AlienDay2018

(Will update with pretty pictures and more links later)

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Thanks for starting this thread.  8)  Entered the Eaglemoss contest  ;D

prototypeXIII

prototypeXIII

Awesome looking forward to Alien day, last year was alot of fun.

Corporal Hicks

For the third year in a 20th Century Fox is running the #AlienDay event for Alien fans worldwide! To help start off the countdown to the next #AlienDay, Fox has uploaded this swanky new trailer to YouTube.

“Hold your breath and grab on tight as we re-enter the ALIEN universe — ALIEN DAY returns on April 26, 2018 for an epic third annual global celebration of the iconic sci-fi franchise. In addition to the below activities to celebrate the franchise, a first of its kind initiative will be announced leading up to #ALIENDAY to launch on April 26th.”

“Fan-focused activities surrounding ALIEN DAY, a nod to planet LV-426 from the landmark ALIEN film, to include:

• Beginning today, Shop.FoxMovies.com  unveils all-new apparel commemorating Dark Horse's upcoming Aliens: Dust to Dust comic series which launches later this month. In preparation for ALIEN DAY fans can shop from a wide selection of never-before-available Alien merchandise on Shop.FoxMovies.com. Additionally, the first 50 customers to purchase select ALIEN merchandise will receive the FIRST copies of Aliens: Dust to Dust #1.
  • Leading up to ALIEN DAY, Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment will make every film in the ALIEN franchise available to own digitally for $4.99 through the "Movie of the Day" app. This includes Alien (4/21), Aliens (4/22), Alien3 (4/23), Alien: Resurrection (4/24), Prometheus (4/25) and Alien: Covenant (4/26).
  • Gamers can win Alien franchise movies on Blu-ray and other fantastic prizes by competing in Zen Studios' Aliens Pinball FX3 tournament! Everyone who plays the Aliens table on Five-Minute Mode between April 26 and May 3 is eligible, with the best prizes going to those who top the leaderboards. Players can download Pinball FX3 for free on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Windows 10 or Steam. The Aliens table is part of a three-pack known as Aliens vs. Pinball, which also includes tables based on Alien vs. Predator and Alien: Isolation. 
  • Immerse yourself in the horrors of the ALIEN Universe from the safety of your home. Binge your own ALIEN marathon as HBO On Demand, HBO GO, and HBO NOW will offer a special presentation of the franchise films including Alien (Director's Cut), Aliens, Alien3, Alien: Resurrection, and Alien: Covenant.
  • Plus, fans should stay tuned for special merchandise announcements, limited edition releases, giveaways and exciting unveils to take place on and in the days leading up to ALIEN DAY. Among the key licensees returning to the ALIEN DAY celebration include Dark Horse, Eaglemoss, The Loyal Subjects, Fright Rags, Geek Fuel, Mattel, Super 7, Diamond Select, Wonderdice,Park Agencies, Heighway Pinball Limited, Titan, NECA, Mondo, Prime 1, Trevco, Changes, Funko and more.

Fox Consumer Products is also partnering with multiple retailers including Books-A-Million, 2nd & Charles, and ThinkGeek which will showcase exclusive ALIEN franchise merchandise, celebrating the day with in-store activations, and social media sweepstakes. “

The official Alien website, Alien Universe, should also be receiving some updates leading up to #AlienDay. Who knows? Hopefully we’ll start to see some information on Cold Iron Games upcoming Aliens game too!

Keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest Alien and Predator news! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

MattFiler

MattFiler

Some more news on Cold Iron's project would be great - but I feel it's still too early to see anything. It was over two years between them announcing the Creative Assembly were working on an Alien game and them even announcing the title of Alien: Isolation.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Sounds good! This year, I plan to finally break a box of (2016) Upper Deck Alien Anthology cards! Really hoping for an awesome sketch card or autograph, or, if I picked a very good box, the dual auto of Charles Dance and Charles Dutton (still never even seen one for sale or pulled yet!).

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

With all the delays NECA has been having. Do you think they'll really have anything to offer by the end of the month? Other than that, can't wait to read Dust to Dust!

VegettoXTSY

VegettoXTSY

I love the fact that they do this every year now especially since it falls directly on my birthday.  Its like it was meant to be.  It's made it much easier for my wife and kids to find me awesome gifts the last couple of years.  I hope they keep this up every year and keep making new things and not just discounting the same old things that are already out there.  I like saving money but i want a push for new stuff with the alien franchise!

Space Invader

Space Invader

Hoping for a Covenant sequel announcement.

Morose

Morose

Please... no more... I have spent so much money on this stuff... can't they just release like a t-shirt or something.

DogXeno

DogXeno

I signed up for Eaglemoss.  I fell in love with their stuff after they started coming out with a figure for almost everything!  Fortunately they're 1:16 scale otherwise my entire office would be filled up. 

Someone above mentioned a Covenant sequel.  I second that! 

Shimmering Canopy

Shimmering Canopy

Ditto Morose...all very exciting... but all I want is a decent Alien movie or game ;) Granted - we did get a great Alien game after the CM fiasco - so, all I want is a decent Alien movie or new AVP game:0)

Or if not AVP, a Pred game. 5 chapters, not necessarily the same pred: A Cretacous level, couple of alien world levels (not necessarily with 'Aliens', but other beasts), a 'Nam level, a Ryushi-like space colony.

Sorry guys, daydreamin' again, went a little going off topic there...

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Finally they are starting to crank it up

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Quote from: JungleHunter87 on Apr 12, 2018, 09:28:24 PM
With all the delays NECA has been having. Do you think they'll really have anything to offer by the end of the month? Other than that, can't wait to read Dust to Dust!

I would be very surprised. I believe they might just announce a new figure, show a picture of a prototype. I hope I'm wrong and they have something planned!

Yeah, wanna see Dust to Dust. I am mostly looking forward to something new and any surprise announcements. Wouldn't mind some news on Covenant 2...  :P 

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 04, 2018, 07:00:00 AM
<p>For the third year in a 20th Century Fox is running the #AlienDay event for Alien fans worldwide! To help start off the countdown to the next #AlienDay, Fox has uploaded this swanky new trailer to YouTube.</p><p><em>"Hold your breath and grab on tight as we re-enter the ALIEN universe — ALIEN DAY<sup>th</sup>."</em></p><p><iframe width="668" height="376" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kNhPh1Xea8w?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe></p><p class="yiv5861714374MsoNormal"><em>

Wish I could have this trailer for a screen saver. 8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed