Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 391,756 times)

Tex

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Oct 26, 2013, 05:40:43 PM
Quote from: RakaiThwei on Oct 26, 2013, 07:30:27 AM
Found this photo of the minature prototypes! Doesn't seem like this was shared yet but.. here you go!

Anyone know where they sell the Prodos brand games in the States? Normally, I don't collect these things or play them but considering that this is essentially something AvP related, I am willing to get into something like this.

-Rakai'Thwei

Is the first Pred already blowing himself up?

No that would be him using his shoulder mounted plasma caster :P

[cancerblack]

Love the detail level of them. The Preds, Runners and Marines are all fantastic, but I gotta say, I really don't like the Warrior Alien. The awkward AvP feet combined with the f**khueg tail segments are really off-putting.

Xenomrph

To be fair there's likely design limitations given the scale they're working in. The old AvP Horrorclix minis had similar problems with the Alien tails, because if you make them too skinny they'd be mega-fragile, and it's also hard to capture good details on something that tiny.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 26, 2013, 11:37:14 PM
To be fair there's likely design limitations given the scale they're working in. The old AvP Horrorclix minis had similar problems with the Alien tails, because if you make them too skinny they'd be mega-fragile, and it's also hard to capture good details on something that tiny.

I dunno, the Runner tails look nice. It's more the size of the fins than anything in regards to the tail. Rumour has it that that figure is called the "infant warrior", so fingers crossed for some more traditional Alien/Aliens style figures too.

Gate

Oh god no, I got obsessed with the Star Wars miniatures from Wizards. DON'T MAKE ANOTHER SET FOR A SERIES or I'll be forced to spend ungodly sums of cash on them ;_;

Spoiler
Funfact: Spent 70 dollars on Boba Fett, my nephew stole it and lost it.
[close]

Xenomrph

Quote from: Gate on Oct 27, 2013, 02:32:46 AM
Oh god no, I got obsessed with the Star Wars miniatures from Wizards. DON'T MAKE ANOTHER SET FOR A SERIES or I'll be forced to spend ungodly sums of cash on them ;_;

Spoiler
[close]
Did... did you kill him?

I mean I'm pretty sure any court of law would rule in your favor if you did.

Gate

Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 27, 2013, 03:03:40 PM

Spoiler
[close]
Did... did you kill him?

No but that little guy learned how to make 70 bucks back in an hour at age 9

Corporal Hicks

Hoping to bring you some more info soon guys.  :)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 27, 2013, 04:47:03 PM
Hoping to bring you some more info soon guys.  :)

Looking forward to it.

Quote from: Gate on Oct 27, 2013, 04:06:18 PM

Spoiler
[close]

Did... did you kill him?

70 bucks for one model? f**king WotC.

Corporal Hicks

Warhammer is even worse from what I understand.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 27, 2013, 09:39:27 PM

It's bad, but nowhere near that. $70 with Games Workshop will get you a large kit, such as a tank or monster the size of an action figure, or a large-ish number of infantrymen. That's still stupendously expensive for what you're actually getting, but $70 for one normal sized figure (I'm assuming they were 28-35mm) is actually just mind-boggling to me.

Eldritch_DM

FINALLY! I'm so excited to see a table-top AvP miniatures game. I'll finally have actual Alien, Predator and Marine miniatures to use for my RPG games I run with friends.

Judging from the round-lip bases, the scale is in line with Warmachine/Hordes, Malifaux style wargaming. I hope the game play will be good at least. The minis look great so far. Loving them. Ready to see a Queen on a 120mm base or some vehicles like the APC and Dropship. 

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Lord-Naraku on Oct 28, 2013, 02:07:34 AM
FINALLY! I'm so excited to see a table-top AvP miniatures game. I'll finally have actual Alien, Predator and Marine miniatures to use for my RPG games I run with friends.

Judging from the round-lip bases, the scale is in line with Warmachine/Hordes, Malifaux style wargaming. I hope the game play will be good at least. The minis look great so far. Loving them. Ready to see a Queen on a 120mm base or some vehicles like the APC and Dropship. 

I'm guessing 30mm true-scale. There's a pic floating around comparing some of the models to a GW Necron for size comparison, and the marines are slightly taller.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Gate on Oct 27, 2013, 04:06:18 PM

Spoiler
[close]
Did... did you kill him?

What did you make him do?

Games Workshop is a pretty awful company with awful pricing, but their intellectual properties are completely awesome and have a ton of really, really righteous artwork associated with them, so I can't completely hate them. :P

[cancerblack]

Games Workshop is a pretty awful company with awful pricing, but their intellectual properties are completely awesome and have a ton of really, really righteous artwork associated with them, so I can't completely hate them. :P

Agreed. Tried out any of the FFG role-playing games? I haven't played them myself, but I've heard nothing but good things.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed