UPDATED *spoilers* BBFC's Detailed Report on Prometheus's Rating

Started by Qwertify, May 22, 2012, 05:45:23 AM

Author
UPDATED *spoilers* BBFC's Detailed Report on Prometheus's Rating (Read 30,970 times)

Rick Grimes

Quote from: Qwertify on May 22, 2012, 03:10:39 PM
Quote from: Rick Grimes on May 22, 2012, 03:07:30 PM
No "spoilers" were evident at this time except that I learned the film reel is over 10,000 feet long.

When the ECI comes out - there will be. It was supposed to be today. Sometimes they do it even months before hand. We will have to patiently wait. For not there are no real spoilers on the page.
I read the one for SWATH, didn't have spoiler detail on specific character names, but I doubt the ratings board would be like "oh yeah everyone, so and so dies like this, and we get to see a thing do that, plus the movie turns out to be like..." they won't inadvertently spoil it for us; but they'll give descriptions of scenes/deaths without giving away the names of who/what happens to.

Qwertify

Quote from: Rick Grimes on May 22, 2012, 03:21:00 PM
Quote from: Qwertify on May 22, 2012, 03:10:39 PM
Quote from: Rick Grimes on May 22, 2012, 03:07:30 PM
No "spoilers" were evident at this time except that I learned the film reel is over 10,000 feet long.

When the ECI comes out - there will be. It was supposed to be today. Sometimes they do it even months before hand. We will have to patiently wait. For not there are no real spoilers on the page.
I read the one for SWATH, didn't have spoiler detail on specific character names, but I doubt the ratings board would be like "oh yeah everyone, so and so dies like this, and we get to see a thing do that, plus the movie turns out to be like..." they won't inadvertently spoil it for us; but they'll give descriptions of scenes/deaths without giving away the names of who/what happens to.

Absolutely - which is why I am looking forward to it kind of.
It may describe however, how certain androids die, if anyone is shot down, if there is alien rape, etc.

Cvalda

I wouldnt be surprised if Fox makes the BBFC hold off on posting their summary until the very last minute. :-\

LarsVader

Quote from: Cvalda on May 22, 2012, 04:15:23 PM
I wouldnt be surprised if Fox makes the BBFC hold off on posting their summary until the very last minute. :-\
Good for (some of) us.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Cvalda on May 22, 2012, 04:15:23 PM

This calls for a
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s#

Yep. Went there.

Cvalda

The PROMETHEUS entries on the main BBFC recent ratings listings now feature this icon beside them:

This wasn't there this morning, and means the Summary is going up soon...
It's coming.

urvile

Shit, I can't stop spoiling this movie. I'll probably read the details because I can't stop myself  :(

Cvalda

IT'S HERE!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler
PROMETHEUS is a science fiction horror film in which a group of people travel to a distant moon. It was classified '15' for strong violence, gore, threat and horror.

The film contains a number of scenes of strong violence that feature heavy blows and bloody detail. For example, in one scene a character's arm is broken, revealing blood and bone, and in another scene a character's head is smashed against the floor, resulting in a large spurt of blood. This emphasis on bloody detail exceeds the terms of the BBFC's Guidelines at '12A'/'12' and is more appropriately classified at '15' where the Guidelines state 'Violence may be strong but should not dwell on the infliction of pain or injury'. There are also some scenes featuring gory detail, both when dead bodies are seen and when people are injured. One scene features some gory surgical detail that exceeds the type of 'occasional gory moments' that may be permitted at '12A'.

The Guidelines at '12A'/'12' also state 'Moderate physical and psychological threat may be permitted, provided disturbing sequences are not frequent or sustained'. The second half of the film in particular features a sense of threat towards the central characters that is both frequent and sustained.

PROMETHEUS also includes one use of strong language and one implied use of strong language, when a remark is broken up by static. It also includes some undetailed verbal sex references and a brief scene in which a couple start to have sex, without any nudity or other detail.
[close]

-_-

Thanks for not much, BBFC.

Blacklabel

QuotePROMETHEUS also includes one use of strong language and one implied use of strong language, when a remark is broken up by static.

What the FFFfffffffffffffffffffffffzzzzffffffzzzfff. ?

hfeldhaus

Nothing too revealing thankfully, im a sucker for all these spoliers. The language of a film normally bumps the rating up in the UK, takes more than a few F-Bombs to get an 18 in the UK

Eva

Money's safe. Let's take her down

szkoki

szkoki

Spoiler
QuoteIt also includes some undetailed verbal sex references and a brief scene in which a couple start to have sex, without any nudity or other detail.
[close]

Qwertify

So what have we learned?
Spoiler

Someone gets their head smashed on the floor.
There is no sex between human/SJ/ and Alien. Noomi and LMG only do it once.
There is a constant threat in the second half of the movie.
There is going to be a lot of blood and dead people.
[close]

zoidy

I'm quite happy with that, tbh. Consider how much more violent and gory Prometheus is going to be compared to Alien, for example.

Bat Chain Puller

Okay, SO ...

Spoiler
Just give me the short version.
[close]

Spoiler
There Will Be Blood.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed