Original AvP Coming to Steam

Started by Darkness, Jan 15, 2010, 04:22:33 PM

Author
Original AvP Coming to Steam (Read 4,287 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Rebellion is apparently releasing the original 1999 Aliens vs Predator game to Steam at a budget price according to IGN. The game will ship with singleplayer but multiplayer will be activated soon after it’s been released.

Initially the game will ship with the single-player mode only with a free patch that enables multiplayer following soon after. Rebellion’s CEO Jason Kingsley said that Aliens vs. Predator’s budget price will reflect this, telling IGN “It’ll be very cheap – and it shows it’s age a little bit, but it is frightening and it is difficult. We will in due course fix up the multiplayer – and we’ll make sure it’s a free download.”

There are currently no plans to bring the game to Xbox Live Arcade or PlayStation Network. Thanks to Ikarop and Chris for the news.

Revenant

Revenant

Whn will this happn?

JD

JD

This is HUGE NEWS!!!!  Omg AVP multiplayer again! ive missed that so much

UrbanPredator

Cant wait never played it   ???  

private pyle

private pyle

OMG god i hoped this would happen!   ;D     ;D  

predalien27

predalien27

PSN PLEASE!!!!    :P  

Ferazel

Ferazel

It's on there now for $5. I lost my disc many years ago and now I can play through it again hopefully!

zak

zak

epic!

The Necronoir

Presumably they'll be patching this so that it works correctly on XP/Vista/Windows7... In which case I think it's only fair they release a patch for all those loyal fans who bought the game years ago and would still like to play it properly.

frostedone

frostedone

Cool!

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Not free, but it is cheap and does work on Vista and windows 7, if anyone was curious.

DarkLegend

DarkLegend

I couldn't have been happier with this. It really upset me that I couldn't play the original game from disc when I got Windows Vista. For me this is truly a godsend - and at £3, it was worth it   :)    Thank you, Steam!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed