Started by SlappyMCnasty, Nov 07, 2007, 03:37:56 PM

Author
The blue liquid (Read 50,458 times)

KARHAN

KARHAN

Quote from: OneThousandEyes on Nov 07, 2007, 05:25:03 PM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 07, 2007, 05:20:34 PM
Quote from: Colin_Strause on Nov 07, 2007, 05:18:54 PM
It's an alien liquid... designed to melt other aliens.

I like your method of revision. ;)

Colin, why not have Wolf mount a SuperSoaker from the supermarket to replace his shouldercannon, and fill it up with the liquid. It would rock  :D

maybe there is some of that stuff placed in the plasma itself :o

SlappyMCnasty

SlappyMCnasty

ok, short facted, the aliens are 110% imune to its own acid, and should by then be imune to pretty much all other acids, pure sience tiffic pont of view.

then the blue crap cant be an acid, it must be som kind of .............?

Rabbit2100

Rabbit2100

Quote from: karhan on Nov 07, 2007, 05:21:58 PM
the blue stuff is pretty badass cant wait to see it and since there is stuff that can neutraliz acid makes it more real 8)
uhhh hmmm idk arent aliens supposed to kinda be..ya know alien? why make them more real? they already killed the creature now why not just shit on the remains of a once great movie monster.

KARHAN

KARHAN

Quote from: Rabbit2100 on Nov 07, 2007, 05:27:39 PM
the blue stuff is pretty badass cant wait to see it and since there is stuff that can neutraliz acid makes it more real 8)
uhhh hmmm idk arent aliens supposed to kinda be..ya know alien? why make them more real? they already killed the creature now why not just shit on the remains of a once great movie monster.

you can blame FOX for the killing of the creature...

but as for the liquid; i think its cool, i dont see how wolf could get rid of the remains could you think up of something ::)

Rhaw

Rhaw

Yeah I'm new here, but here are my 2 cents.

#1 AVP is fiction. It's all make believe.

#2 Given the imagined technological level of the Predators (the ability to travel across interstellar space being the most impressive of them all) being upset that they would have the ability to make a chemical that reacts with the aliens already bizarre body chemistry in such a way that it dissolves them is odd?

They are extremely acidic creatures, so it's not a huge leap to think they would have a very violent reaction to an equally strong or stronger base.
Acid-Base reactions http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutralization
There blood is fictional, their origin is fictional, and so is the blue liquid.

Not really the same thing, but the idea reminds me of when salt is put on a slug. It's not very pretty.

Rabbit2100

Rabbit2100

Quote from: karhan on Nov 07, 2007, 05:33:00 PM
Quote from: Rabbit2100 on Nov 07, 2007, 05:27:39 PM

you can blame FOX for the killing of the creature...

but as for the liquid; i think its cool, i dont see how wolf could get rid of the remains could you think up of something ::)
i know.....its tragic that the company doesnt care about the future (and present) of one of the greatest horror series in the history of film.

KARHAN

KARHAN

whatta you gonna do.. :(

but i mean come on..Predators can travel thru space you know how f*cking unbelivilbie hard that is to achive and i dont think its very hard for them to neutralize some acid :-\

Rhaw

Rhaw

Quote from: karhan on Nov 07, 2007, 05:41:24 PM

but i mean come on..Predators can travel thru space you know how f*cking unbelivilbie hard that is to achive and i dont think its very hard for them to neutralize some acid :-\

Travel through space
Bending light
Make plasma weapons
Artificial gravity on their ships
Being Alien.

Oh wait a minute BLUE LIGUID WTF! :o

jimmylace

jimmylace

I guess this liquid is basically an advanced alkaline compound that effectively neutralises the acid blood of the aliens, calcifying them from the inside out. It's going to be interesting seeing the effects of the weapon. Plus...it's a great idea as this weapon would only do fatal damage to the aliens themselves and not everyone else (I think)

I'm hoping the effect is something similar to liquid nitrogen...and we see the wolf smash the alien to bits.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

I just brought up the point that Aliens aren't composed of acid. They have to be covered/interlaced with teh complete opposite of acid, or they'd melt themselves. All 'anti-acid' might do is to neutralise the fluid, not get rid of the body around it.

The director then revised their theory to something far more ambiguous. :)

jimmylace

jimmylace

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 07, 2007, 05:56:08 PM

I just brought up the point that Aliens aren't composed of acid. They have to be covered/interlaced with teh complete opposite of acid, or they'd melt themselves. All 'anti-acid' might do is to neutralise the fluid, not get rid of the body around it.

The director then revised their theory to something far more ambiguous. :)

haha. that's a very good point, but bear in mind the wolf shoves it into the Aliens mouth, so it's not entirely far fetched. If that's the case, then we shouldn't really see the Alien deteriorate at all but just simply die.

KARHAN

KARHAN

yeah what he said^^ but yeah you have a good point :P

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 07, 2007, 03:53:21 PM
Quote from: pred_alien on Nov 07, 2007, 03:47:24 PM
how do we know the makeup of the blue liquid??? it may be an acid specifically designed to destroy aliens at a molecular level..

Very probably.

Although the concept does virtually scream out 'plot device'.

Yeah... I smell the wafty emanations of instant contrivance and yet another reason to hate this movie in general.

Xhan

Xhan

..hahahaha... umm bases don't make acid vanish into THIN AIR.

KARHAN

KARHAN

yeah i know but it will rot in time.....i think :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed