[Exclusive] Noah Hawley's Alien Series To Start Filming March 2022 in Thailand!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 16, 2021, 01:10:26 PM

Author
[Exclusive] Noah Hawley's Alien Series To Start Filming March 2022 in Thailand! (Read 19,704 times)

Master

Xenomorphine

Taiwan's the one in immediate danger from the Chinese Communist Party, yeah. Many others (including Japan) would be very jittery if that were to succeed, but that isn't yet.

For reference, Thailand has had a lot of filming in the past. Sometimes they just like to use the urban areas to represent somewhere else. Could be it'll have some sort of reference to fictional beginnings of whatever and wherever the Yutani organisation is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_shot_in_Thailand

XENOMORPHOSIS

Thing to wonder is pending on how they view the success of the Predator film Prey that in the future they'd approach doing Predator as a Tele Vision series like they're doing with Alien.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Nov 16, 2021, 05:36:16 PM
Thing to wonder is pending on how they view the success of the Predator film Prey that in the future they'd approach doing Predator as a Tele Vision series like they're doing with Alien.

Hoping for a string of varying period piece Predator films myself!

[cancerblack]

I can't help but feel like the repeated use of Alien 3 screens for the AvPG coverage of this is telling us something.

BigDaddyJohn

I'm curious to see how this will go. Hope Ridley's shadow won't weigh too much over this project.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Nov 16, 2021, 05:49:46 PM
I can't help but feel like the repeated use of Alien 3 screens for the AvPG coverage of this is telling us something.

Don't give me hope...

Some Old Dude

Having spent a lot of time in Bangkok I can say part of it definitely looks like it could be an 1980's retrofuturistic cyberpunk city.

Local Trouble

RidgeTop

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 16, 2021, 05:23:46 PM
Taiwan's the one in immediate danger from the Chinese Communist Party, yeah. Many others (including Japan) would be very jittery if that were to succeed, but that isn't yet.

For reference, Thailand has had a lot of filming in the past. Sometimes they just like to use the urban areas to represent somewhere else. Could be it'll have some sort of reference to fictional beginnings of whatever and wherever the Yutani organization is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_shot_in_Thailand

Most recent big one that came to my mind was Hangover Part II, a bit further back, 007: Tomorrow Never Dies.

Quote from: Some Old Dude on Nov 16, 2021, 09:02:46 PM
Having spent a lot of time in Bangkok I can say part of it definitely looks like it could be an 1980's retrofuturistic cyberpunk city.

Yeah I would imagine it could make for some great urban looks. Bangkok is such a cool city.

Enjoy

China is invested in aliens now through disney? Setting up shop in thailand might act as a cock block

Enjoy

I Watched an interview with a street food vendor in thailand and he was asked if he was afraid of china and his response was basicly he could care less. Very zen and unintimidated .

David Weyland

Probably an Engineer temple in the jungle full of black goo or a buried something or other 😄

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: David Weyland on Nov 17, 2021, 12:31:03 AM
Probably an Engineer temple in the jungle full of black goo or a buried something or other 😄

Awaiting a shipment from a certain android-controlled Weyland-Yutani colony ship, perhaps? ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed