Youtube channels recommendation thread

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Apr 07, 2021, 04:18:42 AM

Author
Youtube channels recommendation thread (Read 10,626 times)

BlueMarsalis79

Kimarhi

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 10, 2021, 12:39:07 PM
Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 10, 2021, 04:58:16 AM
It's new and weird and scary to me and I do not like it!

I don't like it either, I just wasn't sure what it is. And I think similarly to when bronies sexualize cartoon ponies, which are clearly inspired by girls and not women.

There are vtubers that do that, but generally its their choice and they do it for the lulz.  Snuffy/codemiko etc. 

There are some like coco who do it in hololive, but coco gets a free pass because she works harder than just about all the other japanese vtubers in that act and takes bullets for the team.  She's a huge draw bringing in english and japanese viewers because shes a japanese american living in japan, but because she mentioned taiwan in a stream without referencing it "belonging to china", she is constantly bombarded by chinese nationalist who continually try to ruin her vtuber career. 

Its pretty interesting.  It's kind of like following something like OTV with all the same dynamics at play behind the scenes, but with avatars and more metaphors (sense in hololive the performers aren't supposed to acknowledge real life past experiences).   

OTV and friends is another good one to view, since there is such a dynamic of people, including some heavyweight streamers, interacting with lesser known streamers that all enjoy themselves together.  They've even played imposter with people like AOC and Jimmy Fallon and a couple of their midsize streamers are currently blowing up into something more than just a streamer, crossing over into music careers and business ownership. 

I like seeing when people who are generally considered good people behind and in front of the screen work hard and get rewarded, and that is why I like both OTV and Hololive.  Both have hardworkers that are good people, both are blowing up. 

Immortan Jonesy

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 12, 2021, 04:08:44 AM
Edit- What song do you think Nicolas Cage should be in?

Maybe a hardrock song, ftom AC/DC's Bon Scott era.
Bon used to make faces and smile naughty, would fit with Nicholas Cage's faces.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Apr 14, 2021, 12:15:32 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 12, 2021, 04:08:44 AM
Edit- What song do you think Nicolas Cage should be in?

Maybe a hardrock song, ftom AC/DC's Bon Scott era.
Bon used to make faces and smile naughty, would fit with Nicholas Cage's faces.

How about him?

Immortan Jonesy

A youtuber artist who sometimes narrates creepypasta stories while drawing them.

Spoiler

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Beware:

And some real cooking:

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 05, 2021, 11:12:07 PM
Beware:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNto-3DvDpw

And some real cooking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES4RLsPIkSM

The first one seems unintentionally bad.  The second one is a disturbing and disgusting, yet deliberate, parody of the "Do it for yourself" kind of video.  :laugh:

[cancerblack]

Immortan Jonesy

[cancerblack]

BlueMarsalis79

[cancerblack]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed