Perfect Organism: The Unofficial Alien Saga Podcast (seeking ideas)

Started by ThisBethesdaSea, Feb 19, 2015, 04:10:20 PM

Author
Perfect Organism: The Unofficial Alien Saga Podcast (seeking ideas) (Read 29,996 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on Apr 16, 2015, 05:53:14 PM
lol, don't put AvP World down.

You know it was awful. xD I think I've still got the files on my PC. And my never-launched V3.  :P

QuoteI definitely was more into Predator once upon a time but now? I like the character more I guess but I like the Alien franchise as a whole.

But yes, the Predator will be coming back in the new design, definitely.

Really? When did this happen? You were always Predator guy in my memory!

Whiskeybrewer

Found this thread and went and listened to the first podcast. Absolutely loved it

Corporal Hicks

SM

SM

"The only exclusively Alien podcast of its kind"?

I've tried listening to a couple of these and I can't take them seriously.  The latest one for instance towards the end they're talking about the various films and how it's just their opinions and people shouldn't take it personally - fair enough.  Seconds later 'Everyone agrees Alien Resurrection was dogshit and worse than both the AvPs'...  And they seem to consistently push the erroneous line that Prometheus was generally disliked.

Necronomicon II

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Oct 12, 2016, 11:22:04 PM
"The only exclusively Alien podcast of its kind"?

From the point of view of our podcast being Alien and Predator, they have a point.

SM

SM

I thought that too - but they talk a lot about Blade Runner, Star Wars, one episode is devoted to The Martian, etc.

I think my issue is there is a tone of authority that isn't really born out in the content.  And if that authority isn't there, then enthusiasm for the series - the whole series - goes a long way, but that's lacking too.

Not that it's a bad podcast; just not my cup of tea.

whiterabbit

AVPGalaxy is still the number one source for all things Alien. That's my perspective and why I keep coming back.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Definitely, there is no other source with so much depth and ease of use.

Yeah they do dislike Prometheus on that podcast but I don't take them too seriously lol. I'd rather that podcast exist than not, makes for a bit more entertainment.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Oct 13, 2016, 07:40:46 PM
Not that it's a bad podcast; just not my cup of tea.

That's fair enough. I'm sure they'd appreciate you dropping some feedback down on their page. I try to feedback as much as I can.

Quote from: whiterabbit on Oct 13, 2016, 10:27:30 PM
AVPGalaxy is still the number one source for all things Alien. That's my perspective and why I keep coming back.

That will be never change, I can assure of you that.  :) In all seriousness though, I appreciate the love. Thanks guys.

Quote from: Nostromo on Oct 14, 2016, 01:08:41 AM
Yeah they do dislike Prometheus on that podcast but I don't take them too seriously lol. I'd rather that podcast exist than not, makes for a bit more entertainment.

I don't agree with everything the fellas say but I enjoy listening to them. It's interesting to hear some other perspectives. They come from a different part of the fandom, a different area (WYB Facebook group) and while I dislike Scified and how they operate, it's interesting to hear how that other area is different.

SM

SM

I submitted a request to join WYB on Facebook 'cos me old mate Darrell Curtis is on it, but after listening to the podcast, I didn't really think we were on the same wavelength and cancelled it.

I tried Scified as well, but visit less and less due to a number of the longtime posters being very precious about their (often intriguing) opinions and aren't very welcoming to other points of view.  I mainly go there now 'cos xeno_alpha07 moved the brilliant Weyland Yutani Archive there.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 24, 2015, 01:30:14 PM

You know it was awful. xD I think I've still got the files on my PC. And my never-launched V3.  :P

What's AvP World?

Quote from: SM on Oct 12, 2016, 11:22:04 PMSeconds later 'Everyone agrees Alien Resurrection was dogshit and worse than both the AvPs'...  And they seem to consistently push the erroneous line that Prometheus was generally disliked.

You dug AR and Promethus, but you didn't like either AvP?

SM

I'm far from alone in rating Resurrection and Prometheus above the AvPs.

Nostromo

Quote from: SM on Oct 16, 2016, 02:33:01 AM
I'm far from alone in rating Resurrection and Prometheus above the AvPs.
Very far.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Oct 15, 2016, 02:45:29 AM
I submitted a request to join WYB on Facebook 'cos me old mate Darrell Curtis is on it, but after listening to the podcast, I didn't really think we were on the same wavelength and cancelled it.

Nah, I don't think you'd really like it there.

QuoteI tried Scified as well, but visit less and less due to a number of the longtime posters being very precious about their (often intriguing) opinions and aren't very welcoming to other points of view.  I mainly go there now 'cos xeno_alpha07 moved the brilliant Weyland Yutani Archive there.

Yeah, I've seen some of your exchanges with the denizens.  :'( I'd actually offered alpha some hosting space here for the Archive but he'd already accepted Scified's offer. I'm not keen how it's just looks a part of their usual template.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 15, 2016, 07:31:12 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 24, 2015, 01:30:14 PM

What's AvP World?

My first AvP website. Around the same time, Darkness, myself and The Ultimate Predator, all started our own websites. We all ran independently for a good few years until we all eventually joined up under the Galaxy banner to run this together back in 06/07.

It was an absolutely terrible looking website.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed