Started by Dovahkiin, Aug 18, 2013, 06:20:23 PM

Author
The SCP Foundation (Read 13,335 times)

Aspie

Aspie

jesus, that statue is concentrated nightmare fuel

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

I actually had a nightmare about it recently. Woke up in a cold sweat and I had two fans blowing on me.

Aspie

Aspie

...WHO EVEN CREATED THIS STUFF?

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Russians probably...

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Depends on your viewpoint.

I consider the SCP Foundation wiki the work of geniuses. Most of them are freaky as shit and I love that stuff.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: KotakuControl's setting, a secretive government facility that studies supernatural happenings, is engrossing. If you can't get enough of the game's surreal atmosphere, perhaps you should check out the SCP Foundation, a community-run fiction archive that many speculated was an inspiration for Control. It turns out that speculation was correct. Kotaku spoke with the SCP Foundation and Control's director about the overlap between their expansive science fiction worlds.

https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1175055572376465409

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

This is one of the most f**ked up SCPs I've heard about so far.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Damn, that's terrifying.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 24, 2019, 12:09:20 AM
This is one of the most f**ked up SCPs I've heard about so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOBku4gkMfY

That was excellent. The mythology is so rich. Dug SCP-2521  and SCP-2399. Looking forward to a movie/tv series someday  :laugh:

Local Trouble

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

That really reminds me of the last season of Torchwood.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I don't understand the point of making videos about SCP documents. The entire concept and all the pacing is based on the case file format. Most aren't very long. Just read them?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

A russian patent troll is trying to make case in order to own the SCP trademark.

Quote from: Bloody DisgustingSix months ago it came to light that a Russian man, Andrey Duksin, took advantage of the trademark standards of the Russian Federal Service for Intellectual Property and trademarked the SCP Foundation name and logo within the Russian Federation and Eurasian Customs Union. Duksin defended this action, stating "[He is] putting a lot of money into promoting the universe and creating media content (arts, books, tabletop games, etc), I had to make sure no one shifty enough jumps in and profits on the PR I'm making. 'Cause in that case I'm losing the resource to get my own investments back." Duksin goes on to claim that "This doesn't matter for the community at all, because I've always supported the community's decisions..."

Duksin revealed he was the trademark owner after a fan run merch store was kicked off of the Russian social media website, VK. Fans had posted onto a VK group about a link to the shop being blocked, Duksin writes "As far as I can see, 20+ people sent their money, at least 30000 rubles [~$500] as preliminary payment for their merch boxes," and pushes for customers to file a police report for fraud. Later, Duksin reveals that a year ago he paid 100,000 rubles (~$1400) to register the SCP Foundation trademark, and had "... contacted those guys and offered to coordinate our actions. They told me to f**k off. In turn, I contacted vk.com admins and kicked that group outta vk."

Later, Duksin would openly admit to the SCPRU (Russian division of the SCP fandom) admins that he secured the trademark to pursue big-budget films and video games. Around the same time, other fans who managed SCP based VK groups shared their interactions with Duksin, you can read their transcripts (or view screenshots from VK) here.

This brings us to today.

Duksin is now threatening to shut down the SCP-RU website. For the last six months US and Russian SCP admins have tried to negotiate and work with Rospatent to dissolve the illegitimate trademark to no avail. This has to lead the US admin team to seek legal action, and they require help.

https://twitter.com/BDisgusting/status/1196108372006846464

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Shane Black loves this 😛

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed