Predators and regrowing limbs, yay or nay?

Started by The Shuriken, May 18, 2022, 09:56:00 PM

Predators and regrowing limbs, yay or nay?

Yay
7 (19.4%)
Nay
29 (80.6%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author
Predators and regrowing limbs, yay or nay? (Read 6,771 times)

The Shuriken

So the other day I was playing around with the idea of how it would be possible for some Predators to regrow limbs. I was thinking it could be a very rare gene in their blood. Like only 10 or so among thousands have the ability. And within their society those who can are considered blessed by their gods. Is it an ability you think would be neat? Or would it make an already powerful being over powered?

Samhain13

Nah. Just give them a limb made out of predtech if they need it.

Corporal Hicks

Definitely a nay from me. I'd rather see them with some wicked prosthetics.

xxx

Quote from: The Shuriken on May 18, 2022, 09:56:00 PMSo the other day I was playing around with the idea of how it would be possible for some Predators to regrow limbs. I was thinking it could be a very rare gene in their blood. Like only 10 or so among thousands have the ability. And within their society those who can are considered blessed by their gods. Is it an ability you think would be neat? Or would it make an already powerful being over powered?
Rather no.
But it might be an interesting feature for aliens.

Corporal Hicks

Well it's Scott's intent. At least in Covenant. I feel like it was also going to be a thing with the Alien's tail in the original but I can't remember 100% off-hand.

Kradan

Quote from: Samhain13 on May 19, 2022, 12:17:33 AMNah. Just give them a limb made out of predtech if they need it.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 19, 2022, 07:36:26 AMDefinitely a nay from me. I'd rather see them with some wicked prosthetics.

Yep

Also, this thread would probably benefit from having a poll

Corporal Hicks

Poll added.

SiL

The Alien was going to regrow a limb in Alien, yes.

Give Predators prosthetics, it fits their style more.

Voodoo Magic

The Neighs have it.

Nightmare Asylum

Nay, but voted "Yay" just to watch the world burn.

[cancerblack]

I don't think it suits them, but it wouldn't especially bother me either if it came up.

However, as presented in the OP, definitely not. Either they all can or none can (preferably none), but a rare recessive gene for regrowing whole limbs is... not how that works.

The Shuriken

SuperiorIronman

I'd be into them cloning limbs and replacement parts but not outright regrowing them.

Robotics fit the style more and with mutants seemingly being more recent I feel like they're more likely to have cyborgs walking around than anybody that can regrow a leg.

Kimarhi

Regrowing is such an advanced scifi idea for our current time that it seems silly today.  Even for an advanced species.

I'd say if they injured it around their tech, they could reattach it, or go prothesis if they couldn't. 

Mr.Turok

Idk about limbs, seems like too much of a super power to me but something about a light healing factor that deals with deep cuts, lacerations, or gashes in a period of 3 days or so seems more reasonable. Seeing a form of tribal-high tech prosthetics would be a badass fresh design take on new Predator characters is a better alternative! 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed