Quote from: Xenomrph on Jul 25, 2019, 03:21:13 AM
Quote from: The Kurgan on Jul 24, 2019, 10:21:29 AM
Makes you wonder how an average D&D session with Vinnie would look like  :D

That's a blast from the past.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Drukathi on Jul 24, 2019, 11:09:22 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 23, 2019, 09:41:10 PM
Although we're talking about a less impressive and cheaper film: the criminals, wasteland planets and monsters gave me an Alien 3 vibe  :laugh:

Well, as Andrews said: Here are the facts.
Riddick 4: Furia. Also the name of the planet.

Well, Furya is Riddick's home planet and a prophecy related to that world was a key element to the second movie. I guess they are back on track with the expansion of the universe.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jul 25, 2019, 03:21:13 AM
Quote from: The Kurgan on Jul 24, 2019, 10:21:29 AM
Makes you wonder how an average D&D session with Vinnie would look like  :D

Alternately:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLEMb_RIZ3o

Another Army story: I had never played D&D until I deployed.

The random Ethiopian base had like 20 forcepro there, one got tired of the isolation and asked for a transfer.  I got asked to swap with him.  Which was fine because Ethiopia was where all the lower enlisted of my actual unit was at (we were attachments for our sister unit because they were understaffed).  Those guys were all combat vets, but they were also HUGE nerds.  I guess if your nerdom can survive being shot at constantly in Iraq and Afghanistan you don't really care about others perception of you.  I was lean meat and pretty ok looking so I was still in the score chicks mode even though nobody else was.  There was a big booty civil affairs chick there and several female seabees, and an AF intelligence officer.  I was gonna shoot my shot. 

So they kept trying to get me to play with them and I kept coming up with excuses not to.  Finally about a month in I decided to join them.  There was only ONE internet line to camp which could only be used when the TOC went into a cold status, one satellite phone you could call back in, and an MWR with two TVs.  (which is still high living compared to a groundpounding deployment).  So once you got bored at working out after shift there was NOTHING TO DO but read or maybe watch one of the same movies you had already watched on your laptop. 

I joined my fellow redlegs in their late night escapades playing D&D and had a pretty fun time. 

The only thing I didnt like is the DM wouldn't let us use human characters. 

I definitely helped pass the time.

I never played it again after we rotated back to Djibouti or the States, but it served its purpose there.  I also don't tend to look down on people who seem to have nerdier obsessions than my own like I did before.  If people enjoy it, and its harmless, then it's fine. 

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Vin Diesel gives update on Riddick 4 and potential new Riddick game

QuoteYou may know Vin Diesel as Dominic Toretto, but to a legion of sci-fi fans, the actor is most loved for his portrayal of the prison-breaking, shiny-eyed Richard B. Riddick.

Diesel has played the character in three movies – Pitch Black, The Chronicles of Riddick, and Riddick (yes, the series' naming convention is almost as confusing as the Fast and Furious movies) – and a fourth installment has long been mooted. In fact, the title Riddick 4: Furya has been floating around the internet for a few years now.

So, how are things going with the sequel? When GamesRadar+ meets Diesel to talk Fast and Furious 9, we asked the box-office record-setting behemoth for an update on both Riddick 4 and whether a follow-up to the acclaimed games in the Riddick series – Escape From Butcher Bay and Assault On Dark Athena.

"It's so funny, I was just wearing my Furyion shirt," Diesel says. "[Director] David Twohy, he wrote a great script. It's just a matter of timing when we get that opportunity to shoot that. But I believe we're shooting that in Australia. And it would be the fourth chapter in that series, which would be awesome."

He adds: "We did have great success with Escape From Butcher Bay. It feels like an eternity ago now. But, I imagine that we would take advantage of the gaming space and add an extra chapter, but definitely, the [movie's] script is already written. So it's safe to say that we are moving towards filming the fourth chapter of Riddick."

Fingers crossed that Diesel, who will be filming the sequel to F9 in January, can find some time in his busy schedule to venture to Australia for Riddick 4 – and, if not, they do finally "take advantage of the gaming space" once again.

Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay was, at the time of release, called "One of the boldest and most expertly designed titles of the year" by GamesRadar+, with general reviews praising the game, which acts as a prequel to Pitch Black. The sequel, Assault on Dark Athena, was not quite as well-received, though did include a full HD remake of Escape From Butcher Bay. (Unfortunately, the Xbox 360 version is not backward compatible with Xbox One and beyond. Dear reader, we have tried.)

Riddick 4: Furya does not have a release date of filming date. For more Diesel, check out our guide to watching the Fast and Furious movies in order.

https://www.gamesradar.com/vin-diesel-gives-update-on-riddick-4-and-potential-new-riddick-game/

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I need another one of these movies, it's low key Vin Diesel's best franchise. And since the article mentioned the series' naming convention, they should have directly mimicked Rambo's:

Pitch Black
Chronicles of Riddick: Pitch Black Part 2
Riddick III

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Please no.

SiL

SiL

A final movie to round it all off would be good. I liked Riddick, but it needs to follow the theme of every second movie being some bombastic space opera.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Haha yeah...

Pitch Black
The Chronicles of Riddick
Riddick
The Legacy of Riddick

I'd laugh so hard

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I haven't watched any of these since the 2013 film released, so I'm due for a rewatch of all of them, but if they are going to continue with another one then I want to see them lean hard into the batty sword & sandals space opera flavor again. Go full Conan the Barbarian in space.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: SiL on Jul 08, 2021, 04:35:50 AM
A final movie to round it all off would be good. I liked Riddick, but it needs to follow the theme of every second movie being some bombastic space opera.

That is the trend. Especially when Vakko says in Director's Cut of Riddick, "Transcendence." I think we will see Underverse and Furya.

blood.

blood.

Lets hope with no standout superpowered lord marshal we get to see a full scale civil war where the necro empire implodes on itself over the throne.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

God I'd love another Riddick game by the guys who made Butcher Bay, that game was fantastic.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

They were both good games but one was almost a great game.

I don't remember the naming convention but the first one was one of the best movie tie in games ever. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed