Alien Prequel No Longer An Alien Film

Started by Mike’s Monsters, Jan 14, 2011, 11:14:35 PM

Author
Alien Prequel No Longer An Alien Film (Read 115,839 times)

AncientPred

anyone else getting whiplash from the madness?

The Ghoul

Quote from: AncientPred on Mar 05, 2011, 09:15:06 PM
anyone else getting whiplash from the madness?

Yeah man, its neck breaking madness alright, I haven't been this confussed on what a movie is ever.

CavatinaTheXeno

Why make the movie in the first place if they are going 2 screw around with the fans. >:(

Circadian

Quote from: CavatinaTheXeno on Apr 06, 2011, 04:30:29 AM
Why make the movie in the first place if they are going 2 screw around with the fans. >:(

...to make it more of a surprise when it comes out. As it has been mentioned several times, there is a heavy disinformation campaign being distributed throughout the media. If anything Scott is trying to help fans out by giving them something as shocking as the first Alien. Why would he want to spoil everything for everyone?

vikingspawn

vikingspawn

Was listening to "Geektime" on Sirius radio now and Damon Lindelof is a guest.  When asked about whether Prometheus is really the Alien prequel he basically said again that what he could say was that it has strands of DNA from the Alien universe and he jokingly said a that a FOX lawyer was standing next to him and that was all he could say about the movie.    And then he talked about it being in 3D.   

Was hoping the host would grill him more on the questions but that was all he said about the DNA thing.

Michael Harper

Quote from: vikingspawn on May 06, 2011, 04:43:21 PM
Was listening to "Geektime" on Sirius radio now and Damon Lindelof is a guest.  When asked about whether Prometheus is really the Alien prequel he basically said again that what he could say was that it has strands of DNA from the Alien universe and he jokingly said a that a FOX lawyer was standing next to him and that was all he could say about the movie.    And then he talked about it being in 3D.   

Was hoping the host would grill him more on the questions but that was all he said about the DNA thing.

I would never expect Damon Lindelof to reveal anything. All of us that were fans of Lost know how good he and Carlton Cuse were at being tight lipped. HaHa.

But, "DNA from the Alien universe" could always refer to the Space Jockey. I think we all know that it is Alien-related now though. Don't think there is much doubt against it. Just about every actor working on the film has said it is.

Promethean Fire

Even before the Alien prequel was announced, I always imagined that it should have little to do with the exisitng movies.  It should feature the Space Jockeys, absolutley.  But the Aliens, specifically their life cycle, should not be revealed as it would diminsh the effect of ALIEN.  Always been in favour of various other Giger inspired nasties though.

Michael Harper

Quote from: Promethean Fire on May 06, 2011, 11:08:24 PM
Even before the Alien prequel was announced, I always imagined that it should have little to do with the exisitng movies.  It should feature the Space Jockeys, absolutley.  But the Aliens, specifically their life cycle, should not be revealed as it would diminsh the effect of ALIEN.  Always been in favour of various other Giger inspired nasties though.

Perhaps what we're looking at here is a case of what happened with Batman Begins. In that film Liam Neeson plays Ra's Al Ghul. However, the audience wasn't supposed to know that. We were supposed to believe he was Henri Ducard and then it would be revealed at the end.

Perhaps here we will get something similar. The film is Prometheus, and it is about the Space Jockeys. As the film goes on, we start to think, "hmm, are the Aliens actually in this film?" because we will be led to believe they won't be. And then, sometime before the film ends (maybe even half way through, I dunno) Aliens do arrive in the film.

:D

Promethean Fire

Quote from: Michael Harper on May 06, 2011, 11:14:29 PM

Perhaps what we're looking at here is a case of what happened with Batman Begins. In that film Liam Neeson plays Ra's Al Ghul. However, the audience wasn't supposed to know that. We were supposed to believe he was Henri Ducard and then it would be revealed at the end.

Perhaps here we will get something similar. The film is Prometheus, and it is about the Space Jockeys. As the film goes on, we start to think, "hmm, are the Aliens actually in this film?" because we will be led to believe they won't be. And then, sometime before the film ends (maybe even half way through, I dunno) Aliens do arrive in the film.

If the spy reports are true, then that's what we are getting.  Maybe even more so than we expected.  I expected a variation on the Alien design, which I'm sure we will get but we might even get our traditional bipedal Kane's Son form too!

Michael Harper

Quote from: Promethean Fire on May 06, 2011, 11:16:28 PM
Quote from: Michael Harper on May 06, 2011, 11:14:29 PM

If the spy reports are true, then that's what we are getting.  Maybe even more so than we expected.  I expected a variation on the Alien design, which I'm sure we will get but we might even get our traditional bipedal Kane's Son form too!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed