Dark Horse To Release Aliens vs. Predator: The Essential Comics Volume 1

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 01, 2019, 09:36:47 AM

Author
Dark Horse To Release Aliens vs. Predator: The Essential Comics Volume 1 (Read 5,303 times)

Wysps

Quote from: Russ840 on Jun 06, 2019, 09:30:17 AM
I may bite. Nice to have all of Machiko's stories in one place.

How are the builds for these book. Can anyone post up some pics of the two we currently have. Spine pics. Back covers and what not.

It would be appropriated.

Same.

Prez

I don't own any of them but I've had a good look at them instore at my local.

The cover is a nice matte semi-gloss finish and the bound feels nice and strong. I really like this size as opposed to the smaller omnibus editions but that said I couldn't justify the additional spend given I own the original trades of most of these as well.

But I would highly recommend them. Oddly enough the Aliens edition doesn't have the additional full page artwork by Dennis B that was in the Omnibus version.

Corporal Hicks

I picked up this today. To my disappointment, it's the INCOLOR recolouring and not the original. Otherwise, looks lovely.

Katanu

Mine just arrived! I'm excited to read the comics in a bigger format for the first time.
Here are some comparison pics if anyone's interested:

Still Collating...

Some of the cover artwork for AVP really encapsulates how their conflict should feel.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Katanu on Nov 04, 2019, 06:03:57 PM
Mine just arrived! I'm excited to read the comics in a bigger format for the first time.
Here are some comparison pics if anyone's interested:

Thanks for sharing pics Katanu. :)

That "bigger format" you speak of is no bigger than the original comic book published size though, correct?

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, they're just standard size.

Voodoo Magic

Yeah, that's what I figured. Too bad. Thanks.

Corporal Hicks

We're still waiting for that big ass hard-cover version.

Katanu

Yeah, what Hicks said. Sorry if i gave you the wrong impression. But I've only read the series in the omnibus format and the kindle version in my cellphone, so this is a step up for me!
Can't wait for the Oversized Hardcover edition!

Voodoo Magic

The Old One

The Old One

I'll wait for the big ol' hardback of the original series.

FatStu

Just finished reading this. Superb

Corporal Hicks

First time visiting the AvP comics?

FatStu

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 05, 2020, 08:02:56 AM
First time visiting the AvP comics?

No not at all. First time I've seen them in this volume.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed