Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 306,167 times)

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 20, 2022, 09:56:27 PM
Quote from: The Shuriken on May 20, 2022, 03:13:16 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 20, 2022, 07:50:57 AMIf it is Greyback...it'd be a nice change of pace.

Are there any rumors hinting at this Predator being Greyback? Or is just speculation based on the time period?

I personally don't think any director or writer is aware of the lore to make that connection. But I'm a pessimist, so.

The person who took the "Skulls" set pics said one of the crew members revealed the film involves the Flintlock.

That's a pretty big revelation if true. Well now we gotta hope ADI can get a younger Greyback to look good. Which could be...problematic...

On one hand I think a part of me prefers this Predator to be all new. Because you can do a lot with the design. Having it just be a younger Greyback isn't as exciting only because we already know what he looks like.

He could have different armor, and have less features that make him look older. But overall we know what to expect.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Shuriken on May 20, 2022, 10:05:11 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 20, 2022, 07:50:57 AMIf it is Greyback...it'd be a nice change of pace.

Are there any rumors hinting at this Predator being Greyback? Or is just speculation based on the time period?

I personally don't think any director or writer is aware of the lore to make that connection. But I'm a pessimist, so.

The person who took the "Skulls" set pics said one of the crew members revealed the film involves the Flintlock.

That's a pretty big revelation if true. Well now we gotta hope ADI can get a younger Greyback to look good. Which could be...problematic...

Until we know the dividing line of FX  responsibilities, I guess it's also remotely possible ADI is doing the bear and Comanche work and Steve Wang's Onyx Forge is handling the Pred duties. It will be interesting how it all shakes out.

QuoteOn one hand I think a part of me prefers this Predator to be all new. Because you can do a lot with the design. Having it just be a younger Greyback isn't as exciting only because we already know what he looks like.

He could have different armor, and have less features that make him look older. But overall we know what to expect.

Yeah, I can get feeling that way.

hoffmanstokes

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 20, 2022, 10:23:41 PM
Quote from: The Shuriken on May 20, 2022, 10:05:11 PM

Until we know the dividing line of FX  responsibilities, I guess it's also remotely possible ADI is doing the bear and Comanche work and Steve Wang's Onyx Forge is handling the Pred duties. It will be interesting how it all shakes out.

ok but who's doing the sashquach??

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Steve Wang's special effects company is working on Prey?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Shuriken on May 21, 2022, 03:18:44 PMSteve Wang's special effects company is working on Prey?

Yeah, there were clues last year that both ADI and Steve Wang's Onyx Forge Studio were on the job, and hiring around the same time. And Jen Roomes, an up & coming Special FX, Make-Up, Costume Designer, bounced between both teams.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Oh my god if Steve Wang is working on the Predator design...that would be incredible...

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Shuriken on May 22, 2022, 12:36:21 AMOh my god if Steve Wang is working on the Predator design...that would be incredible...

Well, we'd need Wang to handle the execution too. Wang has done strictly head sculpting before where ADI's realization of that sculpt was less than spectacular. But Steve's Studio does full costume work, soup to nuts, so that would be my ultimate wish fulfilled. :)

Yautja888

Yautja888

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 22, 2022, 01:26:21 AM
Quote from: The Shuriken on May 22, 2022, 12:36:21 AMOh my god if Steve Wang is working on the Predator design...that would be incredible...

Well, we'd need Wang to handle the execution too. Wang has done strictly head sculpting before where ADI's realization of that sculpt was less than spectacular. But Steve's Studio does full costume work, soup to nuts, so that would be my ultimate wish fulfilled. :)

You don't summon Grayback and let ADI screw its face.Or you will face consequences.   

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: Yautja888 on May 22, 2022, 10:11:32 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 22, 2022, 01:26:21 AM

You don't summon Grayback and let ADI screw its face.Or you will face consequences.   

Yeah I can already imagine the complete meltdown the fandom would have if they ruined Greyback.

Immortan Jonesy

Predator jaws design is Rocket science.

skhellter

skhellter

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 20, 2022, 09:53:00 PMI believe it's already been pointed out by Mr H and others that Prey had been in development years before that fan film.

That topic will show up again.. and again..
Saw some """"youtube reactors"""" (weird creatures, those) talk about Prey ripping off this short. So the "lie" is spreading.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: skhellter on May 23, 2022, 10:33:56 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 20, 2022, 09:53:00 PMI believe it's already been pointed out by Mr H and others that Prey had been in development years before that fan film.

That topic will show up again.. and again..
Saw some """"youtube reactors"""" (weird creatures, those) talk about Prey ripping off this short. So the "lie" is spreading.

Yeah unfortunately these days, the truth and fact-checking isn't very popular. :(

ace3g

ace3g

I've seen him listed on other sites before but now IMDb has him listed as well.

Ray Strachan   ...   Ralu

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm6874313/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t6

And he posted this on May 16th

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Will be interesting to see the character he plays.

ace3g

ace3g

Dane's latest IG story

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed