[Exclusive] The Predator Is Coming To Calgary! Predator 5/Skulls Slated To Begin

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 12, 2021, 06:11:47 AM

Author
[Exclusive] The Predator Is Coming To Calgary! Predator 5/Skulls Slated To Begin (Read 97,193 times)

skhellter

Good luck to cast and crew. The pre-colonial era is rarely explored in film (and literature as well). Very interested in this.

Jonas

Everything indicates that it will be another crap. Just reading this synopsis you can already know. Poor Predator, such a good character in an endless curse of bad movies

Voodoo Magic

Now let's hope this is hanging on Dan's office wall! :)

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: goose_3387 on Feb 12, 2021, 11:54:21 AM
Just need confirmation that the Predator will be a Super Predator or in some way superior to the original design then we're good to go...

Why ?

Pearlhead

Gotta be honest. REEEEEAAAAAALLY not feeling this. Then again, I wasn't too enthusiastic when news was another Predator movie was happening :/

goose_3387

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Feb 12, 2021, 12:58:50 PM
Just need confirmation that the Predator will be a Super Predator or in some way superior to the original design then we're good to go...

Why ?

My post was being sarcastic.

Predators had Super Preds and The Predator went a step further and destroyed the Predator character.

AngryBoy

ADI's predator sucks. Why do they still call them to work? They have had several films to learn and continue to make crooked jaws and strange faces. Why don't call Stan Winston's people again?

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: goose_3387 on Feb 12, 2021, 01:34:12 PM

Why ?

Predators had Super Preds and The Predator went a step further and destroyed the Predator character.

Oh sorry ! Then  :laugh:

I agree, simplicity should be a key word for this movie.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Yes, Raphael Adolini is totally out of the new story now  :laugh:

But I do share the same optimistic curiosity about a Predator movie without guns. We had a bit of that with Dutch at the end of Predator, but this is exciting new territory to explore. Especially after all this time wanting a Predator movie in Feudal Japan  8)

And just like you guys said; the concept of Predator is very flexible when it comes to setting and era, and that it's a great thing  :)

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 12, 2021, 02:18:18 PM
Yes, Raphael Adolini is totally out of the new story now  :laugh:

Voodoo:

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 12, 2021, 02:18:18 PM
Especially after all this time wanting a Predator movie in Feudal Japan  8)

Then you're better pray this movie does well. Super-well

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Feb 12, 2021, 02:03:54 PM

Why ?

No, no. no. - we need one more Super-Pred ! Someone has to know how to do the concept right. Right ?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Can't blame him TBH. After seeing Voodoo so many times throwing guns at people's heads as a sign of approval, the hype started to grow in me. It was like viral marketing.

I don't think I'd lose my mind if the movie turns out to be bad. But one never knows! So just in case I'll make my prayers.

goose_3387

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Feb 12, 2021, 02:03:54 PM

Why ?

Hopefully, however I don't trust them to stay simple.

Kradan

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 12, 2021, 02:47:05 PM

I don't think I'd lose my mind if the movie turns out to be bad. But one never knows! So just in case I'll make my prayers.

https://s2.gifyu.com/images/giphy8ec77d5d4f6d90bc.gif

We'll see how strong your prayers are against

SuperiorIronman

If it's moving this fast the higher ups have to have some level of confidence in it. Though it's seemingly been in production for awhile so hopefully this means they'd been watching what the last film was doing.

Alright so they probably have an FX studio on this. It's probably ADI but since The Mandolorian uses Legacy they might be using them but it's probably still ADI. If we're not supposed to know it's Predator then I can imagine we're probably going to get something a lot simpler if the idea was to surprise us. It could very well be a Super Predator (and it'd be about time since it's been about a decade since we last saw them) but I'm not expecting it to be action packed.

Pearlhead

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Feb 12, 2021, 02:51:13 PM
If it's moving this fast the higher ups have to have some level of confidence in it. Though it's seemingly been in production for awhile so hopefully this means they'd been watching what the last film was doing.

Alright so they probably have an FX studio on this. It's probably ADI but since The Mandolorian uses Legacy they might be using them but it's probably still ADI. If we're not supposed to know it's Predator then I can imagine we're probably going to get something a lot simpler if the idea was to surprise us. It could very well be a Super Predator (and it'd be about time since it's been about a decade since we last saw them) but I'm not expecting it to be action packed.

I will groan if news come by that ADI's confirmed to do the FX for this film.
But also, I don't think there's gonna be any Super Preds in this.
Considering the setting, I'd say tonally, it's gonna be scaled back compared to the last films. No doubt there'll still be action, but it'll most likely focus on tension and suspense, which makes sense considering it's setting

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed