Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series

Started by Ingwar, Oct 08, 2018, 07:05:23 PM

Author
Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series (Read 132,996 times)

dave1978

Really enjoyed this series,  got rather weird in the last episode,  Father is great found myself rooting for him throughout.

Nightmare Asylum

Oh hey. I wasn't expecting this, but there's a brand new episode of the podcast today, despite the season being wrapped. I'll be listening to this shortly!

Also, there are a few new talking head interviews in this:

https://twitter.com/RaisedWolvesMAX/status/1314218999127908356

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: dave1978 on Oct 08, 2020, 11:05:28 AM
Really enjoyed this series,  got rather weird in the last episode,

I've read reviews criticizing that. For many, that is a red flag. For me, a fan of Lynchian style fiction, it is a pleasant invitation to watch the show  :laugh:

Quote from: dave1978 on Oct 08, 2020, 11:05:28 AM
Father is great found myself rooting for him throughout.

I dig that character as well, with everything and his dad jokes.

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah, I also take "weird" as a good thing. :D

Ridlazz921

I think its weird. People are praising this show, while on facebook i see so many "bad reviews" for it.
I think maybe that its a case of fans of Ridley and Sci-fi enjoying it, while critics who just are trying to be a smart ass are hating it because they cant fit it into a box. And i see a lot of it trending with critics because they become so used to a formula by reviewing movies and TV-series, that it starts to become formulated.

Kradan

Enoch

I will only leave this here. It is an interesting similarity.

Figure above the mural, from Prometheus

Raised by Wolves mysterious android - Snake Creator

SupraKirk

SupraKirk

That weirdness, absurdity, and horror of the last episode was so reminiscent of Alien and its concept ideas it made me log back onto this forum that I haven't been on since I don't even know when. This first season wasn't perfect to me but it was incredibly enjoyable. As stated by other users this really feels like a reimagining of Prometheus/Covenant. Hoping the coming seasons can retain the feeling of mystery and horror while expanding the world.

Spoiler
The vision Mother had of the presumably ancient android birthing was my favorite part. How can you not think space jokey?! The planet was obviously full of lampreys (or a different version) at one point ie: the bones.

Guessing that the androids of past weren't up to par for whatever this ritual was trying to achieve and needs a necromancer tech to birth something more powerful. I'm just wondering why whatever "entity" contains this knowledge was relaying the information on earth through the Mithraic scriptures? I believe it was the "doctor bot" that mentioned that the necromancers posses dark photon tech that isn't fully understood and was only learned through their texts. Can't even think of why some AI/Alien/Entity needs a gigantic flying lamprey? Passing itself or conscience through it somehow?

Anyways it's been a long time since a sci-fi show made me think like this. LOVE IT.   
[close]

Highland

Last episode sounds tasty , I'm up to 6. Really enjoying this one, high quality.

Ingwar

Nightmare Asylum

Ohhhh thank you. Going to have to listen to this tonight, I've been loving the interviews with Guzikowski that we've been getting since the season ended.

Ingwar

Aaron is a mastermind!

bb-15

Spoiler
On another website someone asked if the title was a Romulus and Remus reference?

Imo it could be. Ridley likes to play with multiple references in much of his science fiction.

Here is an article which explores the Romulus and Remus idea in the series.
https://screenrant.com/raised-wolves-show-paul-campion-romulus-remus-myth-connection/
[close]

;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed