Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series

Started by Ingwar, Oct 08, 2018, 07:05:23 PM

Author
Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series (Read 132,543 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Nah, those be in that new DUNC movie from that Denis guy (also starring the Wadi Rum).

But maybe it's where these things come into the picture...

Enoch

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 24, 2020, 09:15:41 PM

The futuristic soldiers all have a medieval look to them:

Yes. Riddley is obsessed with making new modern myths. This is a mashup of many mythological stories, knights of the round table, holy grail, greek and roman gods and stories, religions, philosophies... a true futuristic myth.I think it was something he wanted to do for a long time, ever since Prometheus. He got more freedom with this series.

I love the details... He is always integrating some bits of artistic representations into his stuff...

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 24, 2020, 09:33:11 PM
Nah, those be in that new DUNC movie from that Denis guy (also starring the Wadi Rum).

Yeah, thats a nice nod to Dune.

kwisatz

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 24, 2020, 09:24:19 PM
I wonder what all these holes are? Seen them in quite a few shots now, all over the place. Almost looks like giant ant lion nests (or Sarlacc pits)

Wormsign ;)

Well, actually...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lugworm

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Yeah those holes look pretty close, only the scale that differs.

Quote from: Enoch on Aug 24, 2020, 09:45:03 PM
Yes. Riddley is obsessed with making new modern myths. This is a mashup of many mythological stories, knights of the round table, holy grail, greek and roman gods and stories, religions, philosophies... a true futuristic myth.I think it was something he wanted to do for a long time, ever since Prometheus. He got more freedom with this series.

I love the details... He is always integrating some bits of artistic representations into his stuff...

Ah, nice catch, was trying to figure out who's statue that was a couple of pages back.

Ridlazz921

Well its the plates from Prometheus, so my guess is that its the plot holes. Which they digitally removed from the footage ofc.

I am kidding ofc :P !

D88M

This is looking pretty good, i am optimistic.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Enoch on Aug 24, 2020, 09:45:03 PM
I think it was something he wanted to do for a long time, ever since Prometheus. He got more freedom with this series.

Indeed!

"I am a law only for my kind, I am no law for all" ~ Peter Weyland

Thus Spoke Zarathustra's quote tell us about Peter Weyland's goal to become the next Übermensch and be a superior being like the Engineers. Going into the past, in trully Zoroastrianism there is a trinity of deities: Ahura Mazda, Mithra and Anahita.

I wonder if the Sol cult of the series is going to be inspired by Mithraism.

Mithra is the Persian god of the rising sun ~ Ancient History Encyclopedia

Edit - The video above mentions statues of Mithras being born from a rock. The imagery remind me of Mother in cross position.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 24, 2020, 09:33:11 PM

Just wondering if the story behind that skeleton is just as curious as this one. You never know with Riddles  :laugh:

Quote from: Episode Nothing: Star Wars in the 1970sChris Taylor, in his book How Star Was Conquers the Universe, puts it this way: "When [Gary] Kurtz had to charter a Lockheed Hercules to fly some forgotten equipment from London to Tunisia – spending $22,000 to move $5,000 worth of essential gear – it just so happened that there was space on the plane for a skeleton the British crew had uncovered; a diplodocus from the Disney movie, One of Our Dinsoaurs Is Missing, shot at Elstree a couple of years earlier. Up went the cry: Just throw it on the plane."

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 24, 2020, 04:19:12 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Aug 24, 2020, 04:14:20 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they used some footage from Promethues or The Martian.

I very much doubt it, since Disney legally holds the rights to all of that footage.

It actually isn't the first time that Scott filched Fox footage for a Warner production.

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Aug 25, 2020, 03:33:54 AM
I wonder if the Sol cult of the series is going to be inspired by Mithraism.

There seems to be some kind of connection between Mithraism and the Sol Invictus cult.

Quote from: WikipediaSol Invictus played a prominent role in the Mithraic mysteries, and was equated with Mithras.

New Poster and more coming from IGN soon:

Enoch

Enoch

I like these alternative posters

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Top poster has a kind of Prometheus poster feel to it.

Another new little video just posted, although mostly footage we've already seen:

https://twitter.com/RaisedWolvesMAX/status/1298643868401971200

Ingwar

Ingwar remember that photo of the Hind gunship cockpit on the concert art board?

Where is it? :)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

On the bottom just to the right of Riddles.

Here is a larger image:

Ingwar

Ingwar

Thanks. Yeah, it looks alike.

Just found this.

7 days left.

Nightmare Asylum

Ooooo, really hope he snags Ridley for an interview. 8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed